Are these the new Fraggle puppets for the movie?

freggel

Reaction score
hello, i found this site with this picture:
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/05/harvey_weinstein_gets_down_wit.html
is it an older photo of the fraggle five or the new building puppets for the movie?
i`m wondered about wembleys hair, because the hair of the older wembley is yellow and at the picture his hair is, yellow, orange,brown. the new sababa wembley looks like this newer wembley.
what do you think?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
They're not puppets from what I can tell they're the posers they use in photo shoots.
They still look nice though...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, those are photo puppets. And, if I remember right, Wembley's hair did have all those different colors in it. :coy:

It is a picture I haven't seen before, though. It's possible that they rebuilt the posers.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah. It's the lighting of the room that makes Wem's hair that dark hue, because his hair is a fair few shades lighter in the series.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Those are posers...and whoever took the photo didn't turn off the flash...Sheesh.:coy:

muppetperson

Reaction score
hello, i found this site with this picture:
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/05/harvey_weinstein_gets_down_wit.html
is it an older photo of the fraggle five or the new building puppets for the movie?
i`m wondered about wembleys hair, because the hair of the older wembley is yellow and at the picture his hair is, yellow, orange,brown. the new sababa wembley looks like this newer wembley.
what do you think?
It is an old Time/Life photograph that goes back to 1st jan, 1983.
The full photo shows jim Henson posing with them, just to the right of the picture.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It is an old Time/Life photograph that goes back to 1st jan, 1983.
The full photo shows jim Henson posing with them, just to the right of the picture.
Wow, dude, you certainly know your Fraggle-photos! Thanks for the skinny.

Beau

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Nice to finally have that cleared up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Weinstein Company is turning Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock into a feature film musical, to be written and directed by Hoodwinked's Cory Edwards. In a striking blow against CGI, technology, and all of robot-kind, the movie will stay true to the series and star only humans and puppets. Your Muppet competition has officially arrived, Jason Segel. [Variety]
Other than the fact this guy's as funny as a stomache virus, the Fraggle Film was in preprepreproduction before Jason Segel even went to JHC to find out Disney owns them... let alone working on the film.