"Because I'm a Villain": Your Picks for the New Muppet Movie

Super Scooter

Reaction score
We have a thread for the cameos we'd like to see in the new Muppet movie. There was also a discussion about the rumor of Angelina Jolie "starring" in the new Muppet movie, some stating that it would be interesting to see her play the villain. So, I think it's only fitting that we discuss the various actors that you think would make a good Muppet movie villain.

We've had some wonderful Muppet bad guys in the past. There was...

Charles Durning
Charles Grodin
Michael Caine
(sort of a bad guy)
Tim Curry
Jeffrey Tambor
Joan Cussack
Miss Piggy

Some would even say that New York City played the villain in The Muppets Take Manhattan. Of course, redeeming itself by the end.

So who do you think would play a good bad guy for the next film? We discussed the fact that character actors seem to be the best choice. I have many favorites that I think would work well, but I'll start out with just one. (By the way, this would also be a nice place to discuss those that you wouldn't want to see in such a role)

Choose: Will Arnett. He's pretty funny, and a good bad guy. I think he'd be a worthy oponent for the Muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, Ricky Gervais from the British Office. He has a nice smug insincerity while trying to be sincere. Unlike Michael Scott (Steve Carell) of the American one, it's hard to feel sorry for him half the time.

Of course, my dream Muppet villain would be the Shredder..... but that's just impossible.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hmm... I like this thread a LOT. I'm trying to think of who I'd love to see... Jeffery Tambor was always fantastic, but I don't think I'd like to see him again... definitely in a cameo, but not as the lead villain. I think Jeremy Irons would be awesome. However unlikely it would be, I think Stephen Colbert would be INCREDIBLE as a villain. That would just... ROCK.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
LOVE the idea of Will Arnett. Apparently he did Sesame Street recently, or so he said on a late-night talk show (can't remember which one, Jimmy Kimmel I think). If you've never seen "Arrested Development", you don't know what you're missing!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Super Scooter

Reaction score
David, I recently bought Arrested Development on DVD, and I love it! Will Arnett is great in it. The character he plays is such a great blend of a jerk and an idiot. I would love to see him as a Muppet villain. As an Arrested Development fan, I could also kind of see Jason Bateman as a bad guy.

As I said in another thread, Ricky Gervais from the British Office. He has a nice smug insincerity while trying to be sincere. Unlike Michael Scott (Steve Carell) of the American one, it's hard to feel sorry for him half the time.
Ricky Gervais is also one of my top picks for a Muppet bad guy. He would be great.

Stephen Colbert? Wow. Interesting thought.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Stephen Colbert? Wow. Interesting thought.
Don't you think he has that sort of air about him? I could totally see him as an oil tycoon (if that's still what Segel's going for). I could also totally see Patrick Warburton as one of his goons, or any sort of goon. :stick_out_tongue:

Maybe, if they're really daring, they could cast Donald Trump in the role. :zany: Not that I'd ever want to see him act in a movie (EVER), but it would be quite ironic.

Ooh, and another fun one would be Carol Burnette, she was GREAT as the villain in Horton Hears a Who, and she's just an all-around fun person. That's another person I'd like to see make a cameo in some way, shape, or form.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
My Picks are either Christopher Walkin, or Dennis Hopper. Steve Colbert isn't a bad idea either.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I hear Karl Rove is looking for work. :stick_out_tongue: Kidding.

Personally I'd like to see a David Letterman cameo as a cranky bad guy. I know that's far from likely, but I like him and he does have a kid. Lots of stars appear with Muppets for their kids.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see a David Letterman cameo as a cranky bad guy. I know that's far from likely, but I like him and he does have a kid. Lots of stars appear with Muppets for their kids.
That's an interresting choice... though I think it would be hard for him to not be himself pretending to be a villain. It could work, though.