Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, except Pooh. There's always a way to milk Pooh for all he's worth in tons of crappy merchandise, and the occassion actually good Pooh based movie or Tv special.

While a lot of kids today have no respect for anything that much older than they are, there are a few that actually like some of the retro/relaunches out there. TMNT has been moderately successful. And look how Spider-man is doing. 3 movies and a new cartoon series. And what about Scooby Doo? Dude never even left television that long. And kids still love the show, even the old ones.

But the problem is a lot of character relaunches we've had are pathetic or too market driven. look at the crap the looney Tunes had to go through. Cheap Muppet Babies knockoff or cheap jackie Chan Adventures Knockoff. They now have decided to give Marvin the Martian his own movie, and that's not the best relaunch they could do.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They now have decided to give Marvin the Martian his own movie, and that's not the best relaunch they could do.
Oooh! When did this happen? That could actually be a good idea. Marvin is a classic Chuck Jones creation that seems to have been lost among the others on basketball t-shirt marketing. It could be done right or it could be done very wrong. I'll keep high hopes. :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll post the link somewhere else... the point is, the Muppets don't have it half as bad as the Looney Tunes did after BIA tanked....

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'll post the link somewhere else... the point is, the Muppets don't have it half as bad as the Looney Tunes did after BIA tanked....
Which is a shame considering Back in Action is so very good (at least in comparison to Space Jam)... just a little too much "human" stuff for my taste. Just stick to Bugs and Daffy and the toons next time.

... anyway, back to Muppets...

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, except Pooh. There's always a way to milk Pooh for all he's worth in tons of crappy merchandise, and the occassion actually good Pooh based movie or Tv special.
Pooh they had to dumb down and make a lot more pre-schooley, and it was an easy hit for them as its the one they was most adaptable for that. TMNT, Spider, Hulk were all action stuff - boys will get into things just because they look cool a lot more than girls who are probably more loyal to their HSM's and Hannah.

Scooby is a wierd one. They've made sure it never went away totally (like Muppets) but then its had the marketing and promotional power of WB behind it wheras Muppets didn't. It also hasn't really aged that much - wheras most other cartoons from our time have. Really over the years they could have kept a lot of the old characters alive even as shorts between TV shows or before movies but money has been quite tight in television and once the characters have gone away you can't really bring them back without doing something to establish who they actually are to the kids. Then they bring things back tens of years later for some one off special or movie and say it didn't do well because only us 20 somethings watched it and the kids weren't interested.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dang, some of you guys are going OFF! Lets all jump aboard the Mayhem Bus of brother/sisterhood.
Anyhew... I found this on Youtube. It's a new interview with Kermit and Piggy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4jWreL3vw
Oooh! And they got the Muppets.com plug in there at the end. Kermit's a great showfrog and promoter! The pig was funny too. Something about the puppets looked a little off to me, but I can't complain. Is this the Puppet Heap company deal with the building? I somehow wish they'd get the now-defunct Creature Shop people in to build these guys like we're used to. But loved the hair!

pattywack

Reaction score
OMG! I'm sooo excited for this! This looks so cool! I don't remember being this happy about the muppets in so long, they're finally back! I've missed them!

Does anyone know if this will air on Disney Channel in Australia as well and when? :big_grin:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Oooh! And they got the Muppets.com plug in there at the end. Kermit's a great showfrog and promoter! The pig was funny too. Something about the puppets looked a little off to me, but I can't complain. Is this the Puppet Heap company deal with the building? I somehow wish they'd get the now-defunct Creature Shop people in to build these guys like we're used to. But loved the hair!
I agree with you on everything Frobut it's funny for once Kermit looks ok even if his still coming off as a bit dry in the acting department, the pigs funny as heck as usual lately.

But yeah piggy recently is looking odd but I do like the hair.
I'm happy that tey plugged the site at the end, what a cute video.

Status
Not open for further replies.