The wait for Spring 2009 starts here

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Um, Now I regress and ask all of us, if it could be done in the 2008 time schedule,and if the much smaller size does actually mean that it would be easier to produce. Which of Robin, Rizzo or Pepe would you prefer they made to get something in 2008 for us? It's a hypothetical. Terry and OWE can we get your comments on that. Just if it is easier with a smaller character, logistics, etc.

Glad to see your alive and well Trav-Daddy, how is be-be?

Kevin Knight
Guys I thought I would move this here so as to leave Travis' corner of Muppet Central uncluttered. What do we all say?

I'm surprised not even a vote for little Robin? Wow. I always loved Robin and loved the way they used him in The Muppets special after Jim's passing. I realistically and from a business standpoint logically think they would make Pepe. (IF THEY WERE GOING TO) There was a huge Pepe push around the time Muppets from Outer Space was released, and he seems to be the new muppet on the block. just like Elmo over in SS. houghts?

Kevin

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A little bit of geeking-out

:flirt: I would like to see more of the Electric Mayhem, Scooter and Rowlf included in next spring’s merchandise along side current crowd pleasers like Pepe. I have to respectfully disagree with equating Pepe to Elmo to any degree. The similarity stops at them both being characters added to an established Muppet troupe and ends there.

Elmo took over Sesame largely being the primary (sometimes the only) face of Sesame Street. That is not the case with Pepe. He's risen to a stature of a main character since his days on Muppets Tonight (not just Muppets from Space) and his popularity has grown with the public. He both integrates and is relatable to audiences old and new. It really is as if he'd been there all the time, but was off at local coffee joint buying a latte. Products with Pepe accompany the other characters instead of the near-total domination of Sesame's Elmo.

Back to the Muppet merchandise and posers. I’d like to see Pepe made into a MR poser, possibly after Piggy. I’d rather have Scooter before him, but Travis (along with MR/Corgi/whatever they’re called now) has too many doubts about popularity of the character so I’ve pretty much given up the notion. Rowlf is a little more likely. I’d also like to see Dr. Teeth spearhead any band member creations. Even though I prefer Janice, she has been confirmed as the weakest seller of the classic Mayhem 5.

:smile: I wouldn’t mind Robin at all. I like him. I think he’d make for a great poser! But the fan boy in this frogboy would prefer the unlikely Crazy Harry or Floyd over Robin for a Jerry Nelson inclusion.

I suppose my preference for the small stature posers would go as follows: Pepe, Robin, Rizzo, Camilla.

My (geeking-out) fan preferences for the five posers to follow Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and Piggy:
Scooter, Pepe, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Beaker.
Five after that:
Sam, Robin, Rizzo, Staler & Waldorf (even though pairings are a cost hardship)
Remaining wild cards that I’d like:
Janice, Crazy Harry, Bunsen, Beauregard, Zoot and Floyd. :sing:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I truly think that Rizzo and Pepe would be just as hard to reproduce as Fozzie is. As Luke pointed out in the other thread, they would use less materials, but they're still complicated (although they haven't gone through as many variations on their head shapes as has Fozzie). The simplest one of the three is Robin, but I really question how many of those they would sell. I think those would only go to the hardcore fans. Of course, that's not my call to make. Just an opinion.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Now we have to wait till 2009....that seems like a LONG LONG TIME!

Kinda worries me since didn't Travis say that they had the license for only five years or something like that? So that means we only have two more years of these guys and thats that, or I hope they get to renew the license after this one ends.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Who had the license prior was it Palisades? What kind of license is it sole merchandising? Or based on type of product?

K

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I agree that Pepe and Rizzo may actually be MORE difficult than Fozzie. I would lean towards Pepe (but would buy any of the three depending on price).

If they do break into the full-size replicas of the Mayhem, I'd like to see Zoot first. He seems like a fan fave and would be one of the easier to produce. With that said, I would buy ANY and all of the Mayhem if they would make 'em.

MR should also consider that the Mayhem could sell in markets that others wouldn't – like musical instrument stores and record shops (and could be advertised in music mags like Rolling Stone, etc.).

I, on the other hand, am not too excited about the small Mayhem figurines, so I hope they don't base any future decisions on how those sell!

ozshanel

Reaction score
The simplest one of the three is Robin, but I really question how many of those they would sell. I think those would only go to the hardcore fans. Of course, that's not my call to make. Just an opinion.

:stick_out_tongue:
I'm not so sure. Personally, my partner will not allow me to display my posers in our apartment so they are still in their boxes untouched. If MR were to make a Robin poser I would be able to buy two. One to keep mint in its box and one to display. I'm sure I could get away with one small Muppet somewhere in the house.:crazy: Plus, if they were to go back to their original factory, they have already had the experience of building Kermit successfully.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I gotta say even thought the thought of Spring 2009 is a bit depressing. I am VERY HAPPY. One it show us that Travis IS fighting the good fight for him to be done right, and MR does not see m to have any intwentions of giving up. With that said. It has made using my stimulus check (**** 95 social #) on catching up with all of you by getting Animal and Gonzo at the same time. That should be a fun time round here.

K-

muppetperson

Reaction score
Who had the license prior was it Palisades? What kind of license is it sole merchandising? Or based on type of product?

K
Nobody had the license prior.Master Replicas is the first company to produce Muppet photo puppet replicas.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Right, but is that all the Master Replicas license for, or does that give them rights for making any henson/Disney approved merchandise? If it is soley for the replicas, I can't see any other company wanting to tackle this. i wouldn't see any reason they wouldn't be able to renew it. No misuse of the products, no infringements etc.

K-