Fraggle Rock Panel at Comic Con 2008

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And it's nice to know that most of the original Fraggle performers--minus Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, & Jerry Juhl (obviously), and perhaps Jerry Nelson (due to his limited capacity in Henson productions as of late)--are still apt to reprising their old roles for the new film.

Luke

Reaction score
Awesome, they've still got it! haha

Luke

Reaction score
And it's nice to know that most of the original Fraggle performers--minus Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, & Jerry Juhl (obviously), and perhaps Jerry Nelson (due to his limited capacity in Henson productions as of late)--are still apt to reprising their old roles for the new film.
I think they likely have everyone still living OK'd to do the movie, especially Jerry - whether he loops or puppeteers, but i would guess he'd want to try puppeteering it. This is like the holy grail for those performers, been waiting for Fraggles to return for years. :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a shame I couldn't see that. I mean, I live on the other side of the country, and have no money.

Would you believe that I stood in line 9 hours, and the only autograph I got was the new voice dub for Luffy, last convention I went to? .... and Loving it.

But there is nothing, nothing in the world like seeing a performer perform their characters live. The night I saw Oscar in person (at Carol's book signing) was one of the greatest thrills of my live, rivialling a Weird Al Yankovic concert. You really don't even notice someone is there performing them, even if their out in the open. That's why Muppeteers are some of the most skilled performers out there.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And this is because--in one's mind--the characters and the perfomers (though linked) are two differently & entirely seperate beings.

zns

Reaction score
That's possible. HIT's website listed the press release for the complete set, but nowhere did they mention the separate fourth season.

I really hope they don't plan to only release the complete set, and you're stuck if you want Season 4 by itself.
If they do release the complete series before they release season 4, then they might cancel the latter since it would be kind of a waste. By the way, I have a few questions about the complete series:

- Aside from the brand new bonus features, will the old ones from the first three season sets still be included?

- How much will the set cost?

- Could someone post a link to HIT's website about the press release?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the pictures and videos! I'm practically jumping in my chair with glee! Red still basically sounds the same, which makes me happy :big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
zns said:
Aside from the brand new bonus features, will the old ones from the first three season sets still be included?
Team Henson/HIT is not one to skimp on things, so I am sure they'll be included, although I wouldn't want to be quoted on that, considering time constraints may have some features missing, possibly.

Luke

Reaction score
If they do release the complete series before they release season 4, then they might cancel the latter since it would be kind of a waste. By the way, I have a few questions about the complete series
I think they will release s4, just maybe not on the date expected. There are a lot of existing collectors who will want that over the complete set and might not havw the budget for it.