I Love the 90s MC thread

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I just found this and... Omg! I have to revive it *gives CPR*
I LOVE THE 90s! So Much! I want to explode with delight of the fantastical awesomeness of this thread. I grew up in the 90s, and it seemed so many good bits of TV and music were produced then. To demonstrate this, I am actually going to listen to Believe by Cher to celebrate. Love that song....

Rock On 90s!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Late 90's can go away for all I care. That's when things started to hit rock bottom for entertainment. Music became bland and the reality tv show started to catch on with networks.

Early 90's were the best of that decade.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Anybody remember Green Jelly? I never really listened to their songs but they were pretty well known when I was in middle(?) school. Boyz II Men was big, too.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I got one...

Does anyone remember those little ring things that you would round up in this little pocket toy thing and when you pushed the button it would spin on the ground.

But that's not all it would do, it was meant to be like a battle thing. It would have popular super heroes and villains from Street fighter, Power Rangers and even WWF (Now WWE) wrestlers. I remember the bad guys would have black rings and the good guys would have gold.

Anyone remember those, it's killing me trying to remember. I use to have a few of those, but like pogs, it wasn't long before before sat in my closet and collected dust.

Actually I just found the name, they were called "Spin Fighters," man I thought those things were so cool...for about a week. I'm thinking of looking them up on ebay and maybe reliving a small forgotton, but enjoyable moment in my childhood.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Ayup, I remember the 1890s all right, especially when I was first introduced to one of those movin' picture shows, or "flickers," as we called 'em. Ayup.

First one I ever saw was of a train...thing seemed so darn real, I ran outta the thee-ater screamin' at the top of my lungs, convinced that the darned train was gonna break through the screen, and run us all over. Scared the dickens outta me, and a good many other patrons as well. Ayup. T'wasn't the only one...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ And you didn't need sounds in them "flickers," neither. Some chap playing the piano off to the side was enough!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
^ And you didn't need sounds in them "flickers," neither. Some chap playing the piano off to the side was enough!
Ayup, 'tis very true. Never quite adjusted to the "talkies." Wasn't my cup of tea. Simple pianist was enough fer the likes of me...didn't need no fancy-schmanzy gimmicks.

Nick22

Reaction score
............oh ya. totally. i agree..............

u people r making me feel like i was born yesterday. all i know is that the 90s had the absolute worst clothing. we were going through my parents old clothes...........enuff said. i do not like the 90s. i like the 60s and the 70s and im ****** that i wasnt alive then.

Kiki

Reaction score
............oh ya. totally. i agree..............

u people r making me feel like i was born yesterday. all i know is that the 90s had the absolute worst clothing. we were going through my parents old clothes...........enuff said. i do not like the 90s. i like the 60s and the 70s and im ****** that i wasnt alive then.
Lol, I can relate that way. And it's also really weird because I'll hear a song that's, like, 40 years old and I'll go, "I haven't heard this in donkey's years!", people find that really odd. XD I wish I was alive then, though. *Sigh*

I was born in the 90s. I tend to bag myself for that but's it's not so bad. Great cartoons came out of the 1990s. The fads were pretty cool too. And the toys. =D