1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

I Love the 90s MC thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Jul 20, 2008.

1. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Well since SSLfan came up with the awesome idea of starting an "I Love The 80's" thread, based on the VH1 show. I thought I'd pretty much just rip his idea and start an "I Love the 90s" thread.

The decade that started these burning questions...

Wouldn't you hate to live next to this guy (Urkel)?

What's the deal with thoes pogs?

And what is it about Mary?

It's MC's I love the 90s
  2. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

wow this is a cool thread

ok some things though that i love about the 90s is

1 the pocket rocker this was right before dvds a really cute little tape player with really small tapes and u could attach them to your back pack or byclycle and then u could play these cool tune thought u could buy the tapes for a cool good price .

2 the really great toys polly pocket strawberry short cake was was making a come back from the 80s and she still looked the same haha .

3 the great muppet toys of the 90s also :excited:

there are seveeral other things but it is late and i need to think some and then i will put them tomrow promise
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Pogs are pretty cool! I have some!

But I think I like the Link N' logs better! I used to play with those a lot!
  4. JJandJanice

You know sadly the only Muppet toy that really comes to mind of the 90s is Tickle me Elmo, :sympathy:

Pogs were pretty cool, I use to have myself a collection, but like a lot of people they I got out of them as fast as I got into them.
  5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I had a set of Power Ranger POGS and one very ugly skull slamer a friend gave me...I never could play but I liked the pictures...

Things I loved about the early 90's (Note: When the 90's started I was six :3)...

Neon colored clothing (I would still wear it!)
    Tying my t-shirt to the side with a plastic ring to show my belly button
    Hypercolor t-shirts! :D
    Layering your socks was still cool ^.^
    Wearing bike shorts under your skirt was still cool ^.^
    Saturday morning tv (If you were there you remember ;))
    Lisa Frank Trapper Keepers
    Disney movies (most of all, Aladdin)
    Nicktoons like Doug and Rugrats (before they were ruined :( )
    The start of Nick Jr., with Little Bits, David the Nome, Nozzles and so many others
    Land Of The Lost (the 90's version)
    Out Of This World
    Harry and The Henersons (the tv series)
    All the game shows Nick use to have *sigh*-.-, and series like Hey Dude, Classia Explains It All, The Adventures Of Pete and Pete, and Salute Your Shorts ;.;
    Power Rangers (the first series, I wanted to be the pink ranger ^.^)
    All the mermaid themed dolls (Yay!^.^)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the cartoon, the toys (which I always wanted but never asked for), and the whole fad :3)
    The Simpsons fad (I loved seeing all the Bart shirts the boys would wear because I was not allowed to watch the show is the was the nearest I could get -.-)
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    New candies like Ring Pop, Push Pop, and Bubble Tape, and snacks like Fruit By The Foot, Gushers, and Shark Bites ^.^
    Full House, Step By Step, Life Goes On, Saved By The Bell (I was not that much of a Family Matters girl...)
    Who's The Boss (OMG, the ending was so awful ;.;!)
    Lifestyles Of The Rich and Famous (I was such a fan of that show, being poor and all...)
    America's Funniest Home Videos
    Beakman's World
    All the PBS shows like Square One TV, Newton's Apple, Where in The World Is CS? The Big A, 321 Contact, Reading Rainbow,and Ghostwriter ^.^
    And the hair ties! I still wear them :3!
  6. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Oh, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, and Alvin and The Chipmunks of course :)!
    And who can forget Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, New Kids On The Block, the California Raisins, and of course, Achy Breaky Heart *lol* ^.^
  8. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

Redsonga, Are you my long lost best friend or what? Because you just summed up my childhood.

I also loved K'nex. -- built a whole K'Nex carnival in my basement, and the Big Ball Factory.
  9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I had a little skinny pink jar filled with Pogs. Most of them were shiney. I had better Pogs than anyone in my class because I would go to the dollar store and buy packages of them, whereas they would go to Zellers or whatever where they were more expensive and less likely to be shiney! And I got this awesome slammer out of a Captain Crunch box once... I was the coolest kid in grade 1!
  10. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I used to love Trapper Keepers!
  12. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

What I liked best about the 90's was the cool and creative cartoon series that aired.

When successful cartoons like the Simpsons and Ren and Stimpy came out, that gave other cartoonists a chance to create neat original stuff instead of cartoons based on toys, movies, and fads.

There was, Darkwing Duck, Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Eek the Cat, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs.
  13. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*lol* Maybe I am :). When early 90's fashion comes back we'll be there :excited:!
  14. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

The California Raisins were huge in the 80's, particularly in the last two or three years of the 1980's.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That 90's! Here's where I can relate! I spen the 90's watching the cartoon shows and SS/Muppet videos I'd get from the library, then watching the show on TV.
  16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

2 words for you : Wayne's World
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

"Party on! Excellent!"
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It was also Mike Myers movie career debut I think
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I also really love Bill and Ted! Really love the Cartoon series as well. Also really loved Weird Science the television series!
  20. JJandJanice

Ahh here's a great thing that came from the 90s, Toy Story! :excited: awesome movie.

The backlash, almost every cartoon movie had to be 3D after that one.