I Love the 90s MC thread

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Lol, I can relate that way. And it's also really weird because I'll hear a song that's, like, 40 years old and I'll go, "I haven't heard this in donkey's years!", people find that really odd. XD I wish I was alive then, though. *Sigh*

I was born in the 90s. I tend to bag myself for that but's it's not so bad. Great cartoons came out of the 1990s. The fads were pretty cool too. And the toys. =D
All this Nogastalgia I get out of the 90s I find is often activated via music. Esp. The Who, Aerosmith, Lou Reed / The Velvet Underground, Daft Punk, Pet Shop Boys,Cher, The Cure and most of all Leonard Cohen. These artists tend to remind me of my childhood in the 90s, despite very few came out of the 90s. But they embody the atmospher of how I felt then, and where I used to live. I think watching SST did something for me too. Everytime I think of the 90s, I can't help but think of New York. The 90s SST I saw I think really influenced me in the way that I will always see New York, Esp. The Bronx/ Brooklyn / Manhattan are all inside of me, and I shall always see ALL of NYC as an idylic place because of that. And of that, I am forever greatful. The Tv is the other thing that really does me in. Watching SST does that, as does some other shows I remember from when I was little.

Maybe I wrote all of my feelings just then because I am listening to Leonard Cohen.:cool:

Kiki

Reaction score
All this Nogastalgia I get out of the 90s I find is often activated via music. Esp. The Who, Aerosmith, Lou Reed / The Velvet Underground, Daft Punk, Pet Shop Boys,Cher, The Cure and most of all Leonard Cohen. These artists tend to remind me of my childhood in the 90s, despite very few came out of the 90s. But they embody the atmospher of how I felt then, and where I used to live. I think watching SST did something for me too. Everytime I think of the 90s, I can't help but think of New York. The 90s SST I saw I think really influenced me in the way that I will always see New York, Esp. The Bronx/ Brooklyn / Manhattan are all inside of me, and I shall always see ALL of NYC as an idylic place because of that. And of that, I am forever greatful. The Tv is the other thing that really does me in. Watching SST does that, as does some other shows I remember from when I was little.

Maybe I wrote all of my feelings just then because I am listening to Leonard Cohen.:cool:
Yeah, I mean, I'm the exact same. During the 1990s, I actually never listened to 90s music (there's some good stuff, but there's quite a bit that just didn't appeal to me I guess), I listened to the stuff my folks prolly listened to at my age (or a little older in their case, I s'pose). I grew up listening to a bit of classical, movie scores (like John Williams' stuff), some 80s (esp. Spandau Ballet), a little bit of 70s (Pink Floyd, Rick Wakeman), but mostly 1960s music, during the mod/flower-power era (...that explains a lot!), like: Jimi Hendrix, The Who, The Doors, Scot Mac The Small Faces... stuff like that, good stuff. And still whenever I hear them it still Takes Me Back. =D The weird thing is, I may hear a song and go, "This song reminds me of the time..." and I only heard it last year. And, even weirder yet, I may hear a song I've never heard in my life (and "oldish" song) and I'll think, wow... this song really brings back memories... it's really odd, as though somebody else's memories are imprinted in my brains, gah. Sorry if I'm confusing anyone. XD

Yeah, I did watch a lot of TV as a kid, but I think it inspired me a lot, with my art and the like. Even if it's just 10 yeas old, it's still interesting to see how far we've come since then, and the culture at the time and the like.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I know I listened to Alanis Moriesette (probably spelled that wrong :stick_out_tongue:) and No Doubt, but I don't have huge memories of going out and buying tons of CDs. I was really more about movies and such. But I was a 90s teen, and still watched cartoons. I wasn't so much into "teen culture" at that time.

Kiki

Reaction score
I know I listened to Alanis Moriesette (probably spelled that wrong :stick_out_tongue:) and No Doubt, but I don't have huge memories of going out and buying tons of CDs. I was really more about movies and such. But I was a 90s teen, and still watched cartoons. I wasn't so much into "teen culture" at that time.
Actually, I quite like Alanis Morrisette (dunno I ya spell it! XD) and No Doubt. They were good artists from the 90s. I didn't mind the grunge stuff, either.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
There's some 90's bands/singers that wre great. Ace Of Base was really popular, along with MC Hammer (the man had some great hits), Green Day, Duran Duran, and others.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
There's some 90's bands/singers that wre great. Ace Of Base was really popular, along with MC Hammer (the man had some great hits), Green Day, Duran Duran, and others.
I swear, I must be the biggest Green Day fan ever, I have all their albums, most of the singles and heaps of live misc. stuff. I can't wait for the new album in about a months time.

Nick22

Reaction score
i wasnt alive for too much of the 90s, but i have an extremely good memory and i can remember so much, and it was such a fun time in my life. those 3 years were awesome. i didnt have too many friends, but i was happy anyway. i LOVED sesame street. i remember a couple years ago i was going through all my old stuff and there was so many sesame street tapes and stuff. my dad said that me and my brother used to listen to the hanson brothers.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
LOL! Hanson, my sister loved those guys. To this day I can still get "Mmbop" stuck in my head.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmm, here are some 90s(/early-2000's, I'm young) memories. They might not apply to everyone though, because I'm Australian and we have different products and such..

1. Being jealous of friends because they owned a Gameboy, even before the colour ones (..but I got one :big_grin:)

2. Remembering when Pokemon was on prime-time on channel 10 (It was also on Cheez TV, though).

3. Watching Cheez TV (now called Toasted) or The Cool Zone.

4. Thinking putting body-glitter all over your face and "sticker" earrings on the side of your eyes were cool (I still do. Sorta XP).

5. Having a Dollarmites account (I didn't have one, actually. But my friends did. Although I do remember the mascots).

6. Card collecting!

7. Simpsons comics. =D

8. Eating Bubble-O-Bills (an icecream in the shape of a cowboy's face, and his nose was a ball of bubblegum).

9. Eating as many Warheads as you can.

10. The health-ed bus would visit your school, and they had a puppet Giraffe called Harold. Who never spoke.

11. Space Jam! =D

12. ..And Furbys!

13. The Nesquik ads where the bunny was drinking Nesquick from a pool.

14. Trolls dolls were popular (even though they've been around forever..)

15. There was a Burger King very briefly in Aus.

16. Goosbumps books and the TV show (the dummy scared me soooo much)

17. Terry Denton illustrations in books. =D

18. All the old shows they showed on ABC: Sesame Street, The Secret Life of Toys, The Storyteller, Widget, Lizzie's Library, Lift Off! The Ferals... and Nicktoons. :big_grin:

19. Those slap braclets that had animals faces on them.

20. Tamagotchi's... and, later on, Digimons.

21. DOOZIES!

22. Yowies and Kinder Surprises.

23. "Cartoon gansta" tops (usually Loony Toons).

25. "Jelly" shoes.

26. Agro!

27. TMNT! And Power Rangers. =D

28. Sonic the Hedgehog and Sailor Moon.

29. "...NOT!"

30. Glow in the dark stickers.

31. Disney Adventures mags. =D

32. Push-Pops!

33. "Hey-Hey It's Saturday" (...I remember the last ep!)

34. Saved by the Bell!

35. Tazos... esp. Loony Tunes and The Simpsons. ^^

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Hmm, here are some 90s(/early-2000's, I'm young) memories. They might not apply to everyone though, because I'm Australian and we have different products and such..

1. Being jealous of friends because they owned a Gameboy, even before the colour ones (..but I got one :big_grin:)

2. Remembering when Pokemon was on prime-time on channel 10 (It was also on Cheez TV, though).

3. Watching Cheez TV (now called Toasted) or The Cool Zone.

4. Thinking putting body-glitter all over your face and "sticker" earrings on the side of your eyes were cool (I still do. Sorta XP).

5. Having a Dollarmites account (I didn't have one, actually. But my friends did. Although I do remember the mascots).

6. Card collecting!

7. Simpsons comics. =D

8. Eating Bubble-O-Bills (an icecream in the shape of a cowboy's face, and his nose was a ball of bubblegum).

9. Eating as many Warheads as you can.

10. The health-ed bus would visit your school, and they had a puppet Giraffe called Harold. Who never spoke.

11. Space Jam! =D

12. ..And Furbys!

13. The Nesquik ads where the bunny was drinking Nesquick from a pool.

14. Trolls dolls were popular (even though they've been around forever..)

15. There was a Burger King very briefly in Aus.

16. Goosbumps books and the TV show (the dummy scared me soooo much)

17. Terry Denton illustrations in books. =D

18. All the old shows they showed on ABC: Sesame Street, The Secret Life of Toys, The Storyteller, Widget, Lizzie's Library, Lift Off! The Ferals... and Nicktoons. :big_grin:

19. Those slap braclets that had animals faces on them.

20. Tamagotchi's... and, later on, Digimons.

21. DOOZIES!

22. Yowies and Kinder Surprises.

23. "Cartoon gansta" tops (usually Loony Toons).

25. "Jelly" shoes.

26. Agro!

27. TMNT! And Power Rangers. =D

28. Sonic the Hedgehog and Sailor Moon.

29. "...NOT!"

30. Glow in the dark stickers.

31. Disney Adventures mags. =D

32. Push-Pops!

33. "Hey-Hey It's Saturday" (...I remember the last ep!)

34. Saved by the Bell!

35. Tazos... esp. Loony Tunes and The Simpsons. ^^
Woah. Just woahmg. Deja vu to the extreme. Was Lizzie's Library that "every day's a happy library day" theme song show? Ihave been wondering for ages.