I Love the 90s MC thread

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I think you may love the 90s if you absolutley LOVE 90s alt. music, like Sonic Youth, Placebo, Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, Green Day, Spin Doctors and the synthpop stuff like Pet Shop Boys and Cher's 90s releases. And If you are slowly covering a brand new pair of chucks with Sonic Youth motives, and Brian Molko is your biggest idol.

EDIT: And the Beastie Boys And Blur AND The Verve ^^

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Hmm, here are some 90s(/early-2000's, I'm young) memories. They might not apply to everyone though, because I'm Australian and we have different products and such..

1. Being jealous of friends because they owned a Gameboy, even before the colour ones (..but I got one :big_grin:)

11. Space Jam! =D

12. ..And Furbys!

14. Trolls dolls were popular (even though they've been around forever..)

16. Goosbumps books and the TV show (the dummy scared me soooo much)

20. Tamagotchi's... and, later on, Digimons.

25. "Jelly" shoes.

31. Disney Adventures mags. =D

34. Saved by the Bell!
1. Yep, I had one. Got it for either my birthday or Christmas. Still have it somewhere.

11. Boy, I do remember the hype around this one! I believe I saw it in theaters.

12. The furby craze was CRAZY, wasn't it? Just nuts, and I still don't get why XD

14. I had a whole bunch of those, there was a store near my house that had them all over the place.

16. I was too old by then but my sister loved these books. I also remember going to Disney World and having my picture taken with my cousins in a "mock" Goosebumps cover (I believe it was the dummy one).

20. I had a few of those... they didn't last long XD

25. "Jelly" shoes are from the 90s? Must've been very early 90s, because I had those as a kid. Either that or they made some kind of comeback.

31. Collected those :smile: Too bad it's long gone.

34. Watched it every Saturday at a friend's house. Came on at either 11 am or noon, can't remember.

Nick22

Reaction score
when i was little, which was like early 2000s but ya know, close enough to the 90s right?

1. Tamagochies (sp?) everybody had one. everybody. i even had like 3.
2. Beanie Babies, me and my friends had a club, and u HAD to have a beanie baby to be in it.
3.Webkinz, which was rully recent but i thought id mention it.
4. Full House, everybody loved that show. one of my all time favorite shows still, and im still not sick of the episodes :smile:
5. Salt and Vinegar chips were the "cool" chips.
6. American Idol, again, recent, but thought it is an honorable mention.
7. Gameboys, ended up getting banned from school cause so many people brought them in, and then lost the games.
8. Pajamas, everybody wore them for gym.
9. Crocs and Jibits, the ugliest shoes in existence, but everybody loved them. and if you had them, you had to have the jibits on em.
10. Bratz dolls, barbie turned whore, and again, recent.
11. American Girl Dolls, nuff said
12. Hillary Duff
13. Jesse McCartney
14. Backstreet Boys
15. Troll dolls, im not gonna lie, i had tons.
16. Goosebumps, but i never understood why, cause i wasnt too interested
17. Pokemon, Yugioh, Dragon Ball, all those kinda shows and cards.
18. Miniclip.com
19. AddictingGames.com
20. Spicy Chips they had at my school, you were cool if you could eat more than one bag without a drink.
21. Tire Swings :smile: everyone loved them.
22. Disney Channel
23. Polly Pockets
24. Most girls wanted to be teachers, most boys wanted to be pro football players, and who ever didnt wanted to be an artist.
25. Everyone scared each other by telling them that Mothman was real :smile:
26. Hating Barney was a wonderful thing to do

i know i know, most of this stuff was early 2000s, but i thought id share anyway

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh for heaven's sake, you younglings are making me feel so old XD

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
They're making me feel old too.

Anytime I see late 90's/2000's on there, that's past me.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ We should probably both invest in a walker or wheelchair, because the same babies who were born around when I graduated high school will be teens in a few years. Then they'll say, "Ah, 2007, that was the year when... wasn't it so nostalgic? Those were the good old days". ACK.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I actually can't think of anything nostaglic from the late 90's all the way to now.

Early 90's and 80's is when things were good.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
1995 was the year we got probably one of the best animated movies of all time...

Talking about Disney Pixar's Toy Story of course

Pork

Reaction score
WOW...the memories that come flooding back from reading this thread!