I Love the 90s MC thread

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
1995 was the year we got probably one of the best animated movies of all time...

Talking about Disney Pixar's Toy Story of course
Wrongo....I always liked movies like Aladdin and The Lion King. Now those were good animated 2d movies for the 90's.

But that's just my opinion.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hmm, here are some 90s(/early-2000's, I'm young) memories. They might not apply to everyone though, because I'm Australian and we have different products and such..

1. Being jealous of friends because they owned a Gameboy, even before the colour ones (..but I got one :big_grin:)
2. Remembering when Pokemon was on prime-time on channel 10 (It was also on Cheez TV, though).
3. Watching Cheez TV (now called Toasted) or The Cool Zone.
4. Thinking putting body-glitter all over your face and "sticker" earrings on the side of your eyes were cool (I still do. Sorta XP).
5. Having a Dollarmites account (I didn't have one, actually. But my friends did. Although I do remember the mascots).
6. Card collecting!
7. Simpsons comics. =D
8. Eating Bubble-O-Bills (an icecream in the shape of a cowboy's face, and his nose was a ball of bubblegum).
9. Eating as many Warheads as you can.
10. The health-ed bus would visit your school, and they had a puppet Giraffe called Harold. Who never spoke.
11. Space Jam! =D
12. ..And Furbys!
13. The Nesquik ads where the bunny was drinking Nesquick from a pool.
14. Trolls dolls were popular (even though they've been around forever..)
15. There was a Burger King very briefly in Aus.
16. Goosbumps books and the TV show (the dummy scared me soooo much)
17. Terry Denton illustrations in books. =D
18. All the old shows they showed on ABC: Sesame Street, The Secret Life of Toys, The Storyteller, Widget, Lizzie's Library, LiftOff! The Ferals... and Nicktoons. :big_grin:
19. Those slap braclets that had animals faces on them.
20. Tamagotchi's... and, later on, Digimons.
21. DOOZIES!
22. Yowies and Kinder Surprises.
23. "Cartoon gansta" tops (usually Loony Toons).
25. "Jelly" shoes.
26. Agro!
27. TMNT! And Power Rangers. =D
28. Sonic the Hedgehog and Sailor Moon.
29. "...NOT!"
30. Glow in the dark stickers.
31. Disney Adventures mags. =D
32. Push-Pops!
33. "Hey-Hey It's Saturday" (...I remember the last ep!)
34. Saved by the Bell!
35. Tazos... esp. Loony Tunes and The Simpsons. ^^
1. I had a black and white and colored one
2. ah, when pokemon was still good
4. I remember that when it was popular. I never liked putting that stuff on me
6. I had lots of pokemon cards
7. SIMPSON COMICS! WEEEEE! I have two collection books though (belly busters and book of bart)
9. never really liked them
11. One of the best movies ever!
12. you know, had 3 of those things and yet I hated them
14. ew
15. Good for you?
16. I never liked the books, but I loved the show. And Slappy was great :stick_out_tongue:
19. ooo, those things were cool, but they hurt if you did it the wroing way. I got the ones olvered in fuzz, they didnt hurt as bad.
20. werent there things like those called gigapets? or am I just crazy? I know I had a dog...
25. I never had a pair, but I remember them
27. I loved TMNT
28. Sonic the cartoon or game? I dont think I have seen either of the cartoons. Although I did like sailor moon
29. I still say that sometimes...
30. Glow in the dark stuff never really glowed half the time
31. never read em
32. Theyre still around, you just dont see em much

did you know you skipped number 24?

Nick22

Reaction score
Hmm, here are some 90s(/early-2000's, I'm young) memories. They might not apply to everyone though, because I'm Australian and we have different products and such..

1. Being jealous of friends because they owned a Gameboy, even before the colour ones (..but I got one :big_grin:)

2. Remembering when Pokemon was on prime-time on channel 10 (It was also on Cheez TV, though).

3. Watching Cheez TV (now called Toasted) or The Cool Zone.

4. Thinking putting body-glitter all over your face and "sticker" earrings on the side of your eyes were cool (I still do. Sorta XP).

5. Having a Dollarmites account (I didn't have one, actually. But my friends did. Although I do remember the mascots).

6. Card collecting!

7. Simpsons comics. =D

8. Eating Bubble-O-Bills (an icecream in the shape of a cowboy's face, and his nose was a ball of bubblegum).

9. Eating as many Warheads as you can.

10. The health-ed bus would visit your school, and they had a puppet Giraffe called Harold. Who never spoke.

11. Space Jam! =D

12. ..And Furbys!

13. The Nesquik ads where the bunny was drinking Nesquick from a pool.

14. Trolls dolls were popular (even though they've been around forever..)

15. There was a Burger King very briefly in Aus.

16. Goosbumps books and the TV show (the dummy scared me soooo much)

17. Terry Denton illustrations in books. =D

18. All the old shows they showed on ABC: Sesame Street, The Secret Life of Toys, The Storyteller, Widget, Lizzie's Library, Lift Off! The Ferals... and Nicktoons. :big_grin:

19. Those slap braclets that had animals faces on them.

20. Tamagotchi's... and, later on, Digimons.

21. DOOZIES!

22. Yowies and Kinder Surprises.

23. "Cartoon gansta" tops (usually Loony Toons).

25. "Jelly" shoes.

26. Agro!

27. TMNT! And Power Rangers. =D

28. Sonic the Hedgehog and Sailor Moon.

29. "...NOT!"

30. Glow in the dark stickers.

31. Disney Adventures mags. =D

32. Push-Pops!

33. "Hey-Hey It's Saturday" (...I remember the last ep!)

34. Saved by the Bell!

35. Tazos... esp. Loony Tunes and The Simpsons. ^^
1. i think once i was in school most people had color ones. i didnt get one until i was in i think 3rd grade.

2. they have ruined pokemon. completely destroyed it. they got rid of misty. what the **** is up with that?

6. had TONS of pokemon cards. and i still have em

9. YES! but i never did because i cant eat them. i have a nut allergy and they are made in a facility which processes nuts. but we had these spicy chips at school at you were considered a total bad *** if you could eat more than one bad with no drink.

12. oh yes, not that popular, but yes. i dont even know why though. they're not even that cool.

14. yes they were. and to tell the truth, i had a collection of them. but i dont know what ever happened to mine. i had so many.

16. mmmmmhm. but i still dont know why. i watched one movie and i was so scared. so i stopped watching. one of my friends wa obsessed.

18. when i was rully little, i was a sesame street addict

20. tamagotchies were very popular. i never liked digimon.

27. my brother used to watch power rangers every single morning for the longest time. i always liked the yellow one, even though its a girl.

29. sigh. most annoying thing ever

32. YAY!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At the time, I hated '90s music. Mainly because I got teased for liking older music and movies, so I was pretty resentful of anything current and popular. Looking back now though, I do get a pleasant nostalgic feeling from songs like "We Were Merely Freshmen" and "Lovefool."

I recently saw some old clips of the Mickey Mouse Club from the late '80s/early '90s. I realized some of my first exposures to pop songs were from that show, lol. These clips are good examples...

Wind Beneath My Wings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gjfJ2T7Tuk

King of Wishful Thinking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmMv2uWQVUc

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ooooo....eeewww....

90s music.

Probably the reason why I didnt start listening to music until I discovered pre-90s songs whne I got guitar hero.

Altgough I did have a crush on Aaron Carter, but now that I look back on that...man.

Now the only thing good for those cds is using them like frisbees. The designs on them looked cool when thrown lol.

but really...I hated all those pop stars. I think the spice girls were the worst *twitch*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not really talking about Aaron Carter '90s, that was later, hehe. I more remember early to mid '90s music, which could be a bit more interesting. (No offence to the Carters :wink: )

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
yeah, like boarderline 89/90s music was good. Arent the Offspring and Smash Mouth early 90s? Or do I just not know what I'm takling about?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well you know, not that the later '90s had nothing going for it. I guess my hang up is that Aaron Carter was teen pop, as opposed to more adult pop or rock.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
1. i think once i was in school most people had color ones. i didnt get one until i was in i think 3rd grade.

2. they have ruined pokemon. completely destroyed it. they got rid of misty. what the **** is up with that?

!
You know I godda tell you speaking as a pokemon fan (not too into the cartoon though) I like May so much more than Misty. Misty never really did anything while being with Ash and Brock, she was just there to make sure Ash will pay her back for the bike he ruined. May, that's my pokegirl, :wink:. She had a voice that I swear I loved and she actually did more with her pokemon, like contests and battled more than Misty did, plus she's scored more points with me cause she got a Squirtle on her team, which is by far my favorite pokemon. That's just my opinion though, I loved me some May, :flirt:.

But since Kiki mention the candy warheads, man who thought those were a good idea, :smile:. Those were the worst candy ever, I don't even know if I should call it candy cause candy is something you should enjoy, not something you put in your mouth to prove how tough you are, I mean I would eat just one of those bad boys and my taste buds were gone for the rest of the day.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ *gasp* Bite your tongue! I'm a Misty lover and them's fightin' words :wink: