Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
I can't say that I can't disagree any further. Consider this... Trying to come up with a new muppet TV project would take incredibly long, trying to develop a plot line and a premise, not to mention that there isn't a significant place to put it on TV. Look at Ghostbusters... we're probably never going to get a movie, but we've got comic books and a video game coming out. Much, much, much easier than tossing around ideas for a film, writing it, re-writing it and like so over and over.... and then have it not actually get made, and have the process start over in a few years.

These days, significant come backs happen in video games or Comics. Plus, when you draw something like the muppet show, visually, you only have to hire one to three people, and you can do whatever you want in a drawing. Puppets cost money to build... so doesn't scenery.... wouldn't you agree something this low budget with a lot of appeal would help relaunch the property?
I get fully behind anything that may relaaunch the property.:super:

beaker

Reaction score
Is that Meltdown Comics exclusive cover by our very own MuppetCentral member going to be available or order online?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is that Meltdown Comics exclusive cover by our very own MuppetCentral member going to be available or order online?
I keep asking the same thing here and have yet to get an answer so I'll second your question. :wink:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
There are lots of decent comic shops online. www.mycomicshop.com is my personal favorite.
I can never be sure of what online stores I can trust outside the "big" ones (like Amazon). Thanks :smile:

I called my local comic book store (Meltdown Comics) and placed a hold on the new comic. They said it is tentatively scheduled for release next week.
Maybe it means it's still up in the air or could change at the last minute? :/

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
So far they said that the Meltdown cover was going to be available online. I still haven't seen it yet but they still say that they will.
I've been seeing a lot of covers from fellow artists of other Disney-BOOM comics like Finding Nemo and The Incredibles as well as comic pages samples all over Deviant Art so here's a jpeg again of my Meltdown cover for The Muppet Show comic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/muppetmonkey/MUPPETCOVERREVISED2.jpg in case you missed it:smile:

I think that all Disney related comics are late somehow

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wodner if these will actually come out on the release dates. There have been a lot of Muppet books that I couldn't find ins tores until weeks after the original release dates (among them "Before You Leap", "My Life as a Furry Red Monster", and "Street Gang"). I hope I find this at my local Waldens Books on the day it comes out.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
That is what I was suggesting with my earlier post. Meltdown said "tentatively" which means it may not hit on time.:boo:

beaker

Reaction score
So far they said that the Meltdown cover was going to be available online. I still haven't seen it yet but they still say that they will.
I've been seeing a lot of covers from fellow artists of other Disney-BOOM comics like Finding Nemo and The Incredibles as well as comic pages samples all over Deviant Art so here's a jpeg again of my Meltdown cover for The Muppet Show comic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/muppetmonkey/MUPPETCOVERREVISED2.jpg in case you missed it:smile:

I think that all Disney related comics are late somehow
Amazing! I definitely will have to get that and all the other covers.
Im happy as all my local comic shops, even the ones that hardly ever carry non DC/Marvel/Image/DarkHorse/Wildstorm, carry all Boom! comics.

Less than a week away!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mupdate on the comics. Langridge's blog states that he is currently drawing issue # 3 (the Gonzo issue) and writing issue # 5. Hmm. Is that a typo for issue 4 or is there a Muppet Showcased character beyond Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and Piggy? Who would it be? Rowlf, Scooter, Animal, Beaker, Sam or will it be just a general Muppet Show comic book free-for-all? :confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mupdate on the comics. Langridge's blog states that he is currently drawing issue # 3 (the Gonzo issue) and writing issue # 5. Hmm. Is that a typo for issue 4 or is there a Muppet Showcased character beyond Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and Piggy? Who would it be? Rowlf, Scooter, Animal, Beaker, Sam or will it be just a general Muppet Show comic book free-for-all? :confused:
I would suggest eithe re-mailing Langridge or posting aquestion on his blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.