Fraggle Rock fanfic: Everything Seems To Sing

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That is one reason why I love learning about older cultures around the world and...*rambles* *puts a piece of duct tape over her mouth and goes back to writing*
*hears inside his head the voice of Jim Ross over-reacting whenever a face is assaulted--especially Steve Austin--during The Attitude Era*

Seriously, there's no need to ducktape yourself. Hearing--or rather, reading--what you have to say is interesting, especially considering learning is fun to an extent!

Redsonga

Reaction score
"Gosh, you're so lucky to be getting all these gifts and things to pass on Mokey…"

Wembley said, polishing the mask made of slopply glued together doozer sticks he had given Mokey earler to make the crystallite pieces catch the glow of the just starting bonfire.

"Yeah, being born on Midsummer Day I'm surprised you don't just have a lifetime supply of wishstones."

Gobo added, tossing what looked like a small red bead up and catching it with a thoughtful look.

"I think I'll ask the fire for good luck for Uncle Matt this year…"

"Well, I almost have one for each year…"

Mokey nodded, looking down at the the many beads that made up most of her necklace, her voice taking on an oddly formal tone.

"Mother was not much for birthday parties.."

"No way Mokey, your mom didn't like parties? "

Gobo said, nearly choking on the rhubarb juice he had started to drink.

"Why did'nt you tell us? We could have given you twice as many!"

"You never asked… Mother did'nt like many things.."

Mokey said, looking toward the crowd around the central fire again as the notes of the well known magic pipe began the grow.

"…she hated daydreaming most of all you know…"

"No, we don't know!" Wembley said, eyes a bit wider than usual as he tried to tuck the remaining piece of the cake into his banana tree shirt without anyone noticing.

"You sure we're talking about your mom Mokey?" Gobo asked with a laugh.

"Oh yes, but of course…" Mokey said in the same odd tone with her own laugh.

"On the other hand," Gobo said, looking hard at his wishstone. "I do remember you saying once your family was well-to-do…"

"What's 'well to do' Gobo?" Wembley asked, taking his own yellow stone out of his shirt to make more room for forgotten cake.

"It's what fraggles become who don't like to pass it on." Gobo explained in a serious whisper.

"Fraggles that don't like to pass it on? You're pulling my tail!" Wembley relped in shock.

"Really! And they sit around with all their stuff…"

Gobo said, sitting back and putting his feet up on the table with such an over the top sophisticated bored expression Mokey could not help but giggle.

"… saying "Well, what's to do today eh?"

" 'Well, what's to do?' That doesn't sound very fun.."

Wembley quickly looked over at Mokey, his eyes cast a bit downward as he fidgeted in place.

"At least, I've never tried it Mokey, so I don't really know…"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
wwfpooh said:
God, I just realized I made a LAUNDRY pun. Maybe there's more of Boober in me than I realized... :wink:

Anyway, while Gobo was explaining "well-to-do", I'm surprised no one shot a glance at Boober or something, considering he's a very bad hoarder.

Okay, this is a prequel. I guess they haven't discovered (I refuse to repeat his corny label for it).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Wow. So Fraggles have their rich and weathly too. Another connection between them and we Silly Creatures. XD

Anyway, more please! ^_^

Redsonga

Reaction score
God, I just realized I made a LAUNDRY pun. Maybe there's more of Boober in me than I realized... :wink:

Anyway, while Gobo was explaining "well-to-do", I'm surprised no one shot a glance at Boober or something, considering he's a very bad hoarder.

Okay, this is a prequel. I guess they haven't discovered (I refuse to repeat his corny label for it).
Boober's off with Red at the moment so he's not there to glare at :coy: *lol* Corny label? Which label do you mean? This story is set after the series...About two years after :3
Wow. So Fraggles have their rich and weathly too. Another connection between them and we Silly Creatures. XD

Anyway, more please! ^_^
Very connected..very. *duct tapes mouth again* :3

Redsonga

Reaction score
"It's not fun Wembley, trust me…" Mokey said with a laugh.

"Let the Midsummer Day wishes be made to fire!" Came the even spoken announcement of Cantus to the crowd of fraggles around the central fire, who cheered and whistled before quickly claiming down as Gobo joined them.

In the background the song of Midsummer Day began as the fraggles of the lower rock joined hands around the blazing bonfire.

The notes of melody were shared with Mokey's own song as the two weaved together, the summer song providing a steady beat to the more lighthearted 2nd song:

Fire, fire…

Mokey grabbed Wembley's hand with a well bred air, her voice a very practiced heavy impersonation of her mother.

If you want to be a lady of quality, here's what I know to do:

Fire, fire…

Mokey dipped down, curtsying deeply.

Don't dilly and dally and daydream,

Burning bright!

Wembley bowed in reply, but went too low and fell down, semi-gracefully, on his nose.

Least others think less of you!

Bring us tomorrow with your light!

Mokey placed an invisible violin under her chin, taking out an imaginary bow and air playing the notes of the song, whispering the words "five years of lessons" to the small green fraggle.

If you want to make us proud,

Dream, hope...

Wembley tried to join in, playing what looked like an imaginary tuba and hitting a pretend sour note that made so nearby cave creatures wince and glare.

Keep both feet upon the ground!

...and promise we...

Mokey, grabbed Wembley's hand again, leading him over toward the cerebration with a well practiced graceful walk and her nose in the air.

Because a fraggle's not all the fraggle they can be, unless

Wembley mimicked her exactly, but had his nose so far in the air that he lost track of his feet and nearly fell down again, this time saved by Mokey's arm.

..they are soaking their toes in reality!

All this time the circle around the fire had reformed itself into a line and the fraggles were now taking turns jumping over it, tossing their wishstone into it halfway over.

Jump across the flames to see

Gobo's turn came and he backed up quickly, shutting his eyes and taking such a high spirited leap over the fire that many fraggles ooed and clapped.

Mokey's voice was small and thoughtful and back to her own voice as she sang the ending of her song, now only to herself, watching the flames lick an unlucky fraggle tail or two.

Be sweet, be gentle Mokey dear, be anything you please,

Fire fire that you hear our sound!

Mokey looked down at her wishstone, tighting her grip upon it slowly.

But don't let your mind wander to play all day, in imaginary trees...

She backed up a few steps as her turn finally came and…

The midsummer song of sky and ground...

"Mokey, Mokey!" The never failing to get attention sound of Red's voice in an emergency stopped both Mokey's focus on jumping, and the words of the summer song.

"Excuse me." Mokey said sheepishly, following her friend away from the group as Gobo and Wembley came to. "What's is it Red? What's wrong?"

"It's Lanford!" Red yelled. "I..well, I went back to our cave feeling bad and Boober came in to say sorry and..I found him still on your.. pillow."

She ended her exclamation with a tearful tone, parting the way for Boober, who was groaning under the venus flytrap like plants' pot.

"He may be heavy…but..he doesn't look very..good." He whispered.

Mokey gasped, rushing to the shadowed pot atop Boober's head, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"…Lanford..no…"