Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Dance Your Cares Away and Celebrate 25 Years of the Jim Henson Company's Iconic Fraggle Rock

The Ultimate DVD Set - The Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection - Includes the Entire Award-Winning Series on 20 Discs, Plus An All-New Fraggle Rock Short Starring Red Fraggle

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection- Rockin' Onto DVD November 4, 2008 from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment

07/28/2008
New York, NY

Street Date: November 4, 2008
Order Date: October 8, 2008
DVD SRP: $139.98

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

From a fun-loving group of furry subterranean creatures came millions of fans, 100 original songs, 96 total episodes, four seasons... and one Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection! Dance your cares away with the all-new, fully loaded set, including all 24 episodes from Season 4, available for the firsttime ever on DVD! The Complete Collection is sure to be a fan favorite, featuring an impressive 20 discs (38-hours of content), an original Fraggle Rock illustrated poster, plus, more than two hours of all-new bonus features including an all-new Fraggle Rock short produced by The Jim Henson Company and featuring Red Fraggle, all presented together in custom premium, collectible packaging!

With more than 1.3 million DVD's sold to date and five international Emmy awards, the Fraggle Rock series is adored by millions of fans worldwide. Fun-loving Fraggles - Gobo, Mokey, Red, Wembley and Boober - are joined by tiny diligent Doozers and giant Gorgs, in one fantastical, musical world. Share in the music and memories that have kept fans rockin' for 25 years in the ultimate Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection!

DVD SYNOPSIS

The Jim Henson Company's beloved children's television series, Fraggle Rock, ran four seasons (96 episodes) from 1983 to 1987 on HBO.

Starring a diverse and quirky group of cave-dwelling creatures, the world of Fraggle Rock is a unique place where three different, yet surprisingly similar communities learn to live and work in harmony.

The Fraggles love to sing and dance, work just thirty minutes a week and spend most of their days dancing their cares away. They are joined by their industrious neighbors, the Doozers, tiny green workers that build elaborate structures the Fraggles find irresistibly tasty; and the Gorgs, giant creatures who live in the garden above Fraggle Rock guarding their cherished radish patch.

Through the fun of the Fraggle five - level-headed, practical Gobo; spiritual, artistic Mokey; exuberant, athletic Red; nervous, indecisive Wembley; worrisome Boober - and the unique mix of music, from folk, blues and gospel to country and rock, the series entertains and encourages an understanding and embracing of diversity.

Never-before released episodes from season four included in the Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection are "Sprocket's Big Adventure," "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water," "Sidebottom Blues," "Uncle Matt's Discovery," "Junior Faces the Music," "A Tune For Two," "The Perfect Blue Rollie," "A Brush With Jealousy," "Wembley's Flight," "Red's Blue Dragon," "Wonder Mountain," "Space Frog Follies" and "Boober Gorg."

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES

ALL-NEW exclusive Fraggle Rock short created for the Complete Set by The Jim Henson Company and starring Red Fraggle, written by Cory Edwards, writer and director of the upcoming Fraggle Rock feature film
Original Fraggle Rock illustration poster
Let the Music Play featurette
Directing the Fraggles featurette
The Inner Gorg: Interviews with performers inside the costumes
Designing the Puppets: Interviews with puppetmakers
You Cannot Leave the Magic: Last day of Shooting
Celebrating Fraggle Rock: Excerpts from wrap party
Dance Your Cares Away: Evolution of Fraggle Rock Theme Song
Alternative Show Opens from UK Fraggle Rock series
MARKETING SUPPORT

National consumer campaign includes online advertising, radio promotions and more!
DVD PR Campaign kicking-off with Comic Con event starring the popular RED puppet
Grassroots online program includes sneak peeks on fan websites, online exclusives and more!

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Year of Production: 1983-1987
Title Copyright: © 2008 The Jim Henson Company. JIM HENSON'S mark & logo, FRAGGLE ROCK mark & logo, characters and elements are trademarks of The Jim Henson Company. All Rights Reserved.
Type:
Rating: Not Rated
Genre: TV
Age Target: Perfect for Fraggle Fans of all ages, from 0-99!
Closed Captioned: Yes
Format: DVD
Feature Running Time: 2,186 minutes (36 hours)
Audio Status: English 2.0
Program Website: www.henson.com

from hitnewsonline.com

Luke

Reaction score
Sneak peeks on fan websites? I think thats us! lol! It sounds fantastic, especially the wrap party and last day stuff, and of course the new Red short.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
It does sound fantastic, and I'm curious to see what they will do to make this a must-buy. As for bonus material, it seems that what's listed here should also be found on the separate fourth season, including the illustration poster as this year's replica item.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It does sound fantastic, and I'm curious to see what they will do to make this a must-buy. As for bonus material, it seems that what's listed here should also be found on the separate fourth season, including the illustration poster as this year's replica item.
That is very reassuring. I agree with you there... it doesn't really make sense to stuff all that into the Complete Series set when devoted fans, who will really care about the bonuses, won't buy it because they already have all of the individual stuff. :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Aauuggh! I need the extra stuff, but I already own the season sets! This is so cool, but dang. Hopefully they'll put the new stuff on Season 5, or on a special purchase DVD set seperatly.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Aauuggh! I need the extra stuff, but I already own the season sets! This is so cool, but dang. Hopefully they'll put the new stuff on Season 5, or on a special purchase DVD set seperatly.
Haven't ya heard, Kev? On the DVD releases they've combined seasons 4 and 5 into one and are just calling it season 4.

getup

Reaction score
yeah, i'm anxious to know as well what will make this a must-buy since i will have all of the regular season sets. Now if the bonus features listed were all exclusive to this set and season 4 contains completely different features, I'd say it's a no-brainer...but if it's just the one new short featuring Red, then i'm not so sure

getup

Reaction score
oh, didn't see the whole thing about the episodes of season 4 being released for the first time ever. so...if they go this way rather than releasing season 4 by itself, i might be a little ticked off then too. Although, HIT has never struck me as the greatest company ever. and if you read in their statement it says

"Never-before released episodes from season four included in the Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection are "Sprocket's Big Adventure," "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water," "Sidebottom Blues," "Uncle Matt's Discovery," "Junior Faces the Music," "A Tune For Two," "The Perfect Blue Rollie," "A Brush With Jealousy," "Wembley's Flight," "Red's Blue Dragon," "Wonder Mountain," "Space Frog Follies" and "Boober Gorg."

well that only includes the episodes from Season 4 as we know, not season 4 and 5...and Sprocket's Big Adventure and Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water are both on the Season 3 DVD Set. so i really don't know what to think about this

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
They better put all this stuff on the season 4 boxset, if it actually gets made that is. This is a double dip if there ever was one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Double Dipping DVD Standard

For years Fraggle fans screamed for the complete episodes on DVD and now they're doing just what most every other DVD series does when it closes - make a collector's edition box of all of it. Seeing how comprehensive the individual sets are I hardly see much to complain about. They really didn't hold back on goodies.

I'm sure season 4 will come out with numerous extras. Maybe there will be a few saved for the premium package, but I think the single issue will have most of the stuff. It’s the way of the business and I don’t favor it, but I am just thankful to have these uncut gems in my collection whatever the price.

I just hope the box set is sturdy and interesting. Oh, and you bet the Muppet Show will do this at the end of its DVD run. Count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.