1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I was concerned about the possibility of not having a separate Season 4, but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't believe HIT would make a stand-alone Season 4 box unavailable to the hardcore fanbase, whose support of the individual sets allowed for this complete series box to exist in the first place.

TVShowsOnDvd.com shows no sign of concern either, although they do guess S4 might be pushed back a week so both items retail on 11/4:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fraggle-Rock-The-Complete-Series/10194

And yes, Sprocket's Big Adventure and Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water have already been issued on Season 3. But several other episodes mentioned in the press release have already been issued on single-disc DVDs, so that "never-before-released" list is far from accurate.
  2. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The never-before-released part probably only relates to the series as a season set (and as a collector's edition).
  3. Traveling Matt

If I were you, I would wait until we find out the difference between Season 4 and the Complete Series set. We've been told almost nothing yet about Season 4.

The Complete Series might just be a very nice packaging of what's already available, with nothing exclusive. Only time will tell, of course, so I would just wait for more news.
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The Complete Series harbor some additions, though, at the beginning of this thread.
  5. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Very cool indeed. It seems that they will make both a single season 4 set and the complete series. i was wondering when they would announce it's release about a full series as well I've been thinking about a Muppet show complete series too.

I hope that they wrap tape and last day shooting means the Fraggle's look for jobs video that has been seen on youtube.

Hopefully there will be a series 4th overview as well? most likely on the 4 season set. I'm not sure if the overview and extras on the first 3 sets are going to be on the complete series.

This looks to be one the the best tv show releases ever! It was really done right and at the perfect time too, right at it's 25 year anniversary with the new movie to follow in the works. Plus new Red Fraggle stuff! lets hope to see more with more fraggles! I'd love to see Steve with Wembley and Sprocket again and Dave with Boober and Uncle Traveling Matt!
  6. Traveling Matt

Yes, but those same additions might be found on the bonus disc for Season 4 too. We don't know yet.
  7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

That's SO annoying. All the hardcore fans were the ones pushing for the show on DVD in the first place. And we were the ones buying it for ourselves and friends in order to ensure that the next season was actually released, since HIT kept warning us that nothing was definite and it all depended on sales. So now that we all own the available boxsets in fear that they will be stolen away from us/ not be released, THEN they release an entire set with extras that AREN'T on the DVD'S? Too bad all the collectors (who entire series sets are geared for in the first place) who would be interested in those features already own the whole series.

Everyone else seems very excited, but to me it feels like a bit of a slap in the face. It will never happen, but in a dream world my season 4 box-set comes with a mail-order coupon for a DVD filled of the features that I was ripped off from having. :/
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Either that, or the features are in the season four set itself.
  9. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i am glad i waited..........

and yes i am back
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

It sounds like it might end up that way, or at least most of them on there. It sounds to me that they will just put this out as a way to get all the episodes officially together for the first time anywhere, and then release season 4 after. I would guess we'll have confrmation soon.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It appears to me that the season four set will be packaged with extras like all the others. It also appears that the series box set will have the same number of DVDs. The poster might just be in both as well. I think the main difference will be in how the set is packaged together and streamlined. Maybe the silk-screens will be different too. I hope there are a few extra goodies for the series set, but the media content should be identical. I really expect a sturdy and pretty box for this to come in rather than the card boxes for the seasons. :excited:
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Maybe it could come in a Fraggle cave...
  13. Traveling Matt

I take it back: the press release says the new Red short is exclusive to the Complete Series.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I just hope it doesn't come in a Fraggle pebble. It'd be smooshed! :smirk: :coy:
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Maybe it'd come inside a mini replica of the rock itself? XD
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

The way i read it, it does sound like its just the Red short that is exclusive, the rest of the rundown seems like the standard DVD features of these.
  17. Traveling Matt

That's how it seems to me too. But I do hope HIT will make the short (and whatever other content might be exclusive) available separately to those who have purchased the individual sets and opt not to buy the big box.
  18. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think you can be guaranteed to see it on Youtube or something.
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I do want to see the rd short... somehow.
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

...Because I just got my new shiny little box of season 2 and have all three now:excited:!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.