1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

A friend of mine was upset that he got the individual Soap sets rather than the series box. This will put him at ease! Terrible packaging! Sony is usually better than this. What the Fraggle are they doing? :smirk: Good thing Fox is releasing the box set. :coy:
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

They would be tapping into so many peoples memories if they used that :)..Although, I don't know if McyDs keeps the rights to their toy ideas or not:confused:
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It's from the cartoon series, right?
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I dunno, the pictures were in the cartoon style but I never saw an episode with vegetable cars in it:o...
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh I see. I haven't sen the cartoon series in a long time. But I thought it was at least based in the cartoon because I thought that was when the happy meals first came out.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:excited: I wonder what kind of mileage a radish gets? :coy:
  7. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

Fraggle Collection

Hey! Let's give credit where it's due, as far as the "rock" box set. See my post... #98 I believe, from 2004.

07-03-2004, 06:28 PM
    petrieboy
    Member Join Date: 06-17-2002

Thank you Oliver! You said everything I feel and more.
    I always pictured Fraggle Rock coming to dvd in a hard foam "rock" box set with every season crammed in. I imagined that the extras would include every episode of the short-lived Fraggle Rock animated series that came on Saturday mornings. This is far from what I had pictured.
  8. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It was 1988 when they were in Happy Meals and the pictures on the boxes were in the cartoon style, but I think the cars were just for fun :excited:
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, they make random things race for no reason in happy meals. But it's cool!
  10. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Bad News!

I received a response from HIT today...

11. Traveling Matt

I personally think this is a HORRIBLE idea. Our support (and money) over four years has gotten HIT to this point, and now they are pulling the rug out from under our feets?

If you wish to voice your complaints, (I am) here again is the same contact info that got us to Season 4 in the first place:

HIT Entertainment
    P.O. Box 9000
    Allen, Texas 75013

1-866-405-7625

consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Grrr..*is more than a little mad now*
    And since it is only in the boxset Netflix will probably not have it to rent :sympathy::cry:
  13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I e-mailed them... ugh that is SO annoying. I seriously hope that enough e-mails from we the fans will make them reconsider.
  14. Skye

Skye Active Member

Oh no. That's awful! :( Baaaad, bad, bad choice on their part.

I'm happy Season 4 is being released and everything, but.... come on now. *sigh* Thank you for the information, Traveling Matt. I really hope HIT will end up changing their minds about this decision!
  15. Traveling Matt

Fan letters, e-mails and phone calls got us this far. If we do it again, HIT might be convinced to release Season 4 separately. They say "there are no plans at this time to release it alone as of right now." The key phrase is "right now."

I'd like to encourage everyone who wants a stand-alone Season 4 (and doesn't want to spend $140 just to get the final 24 episodes) to get in touch with them. The most valued format will be a written letter. That will matter much more to HIT than a phone call or e-mail, although I would do all three.
  16. Traveling Matt

You're welcome. I hope they will too.

Not that the complete collection will be undesireable - quite the opposite! But I think it's unfair (and also bad business) for HIT to do this. And frankly, it seems uncharacteristic of them. For four years, they've been going beyond our expectations. Now they drop this on us.
  17. vaati64

vaati64 Member

yeah, thanks for the info traveling matt. Wow, this makes really mad, because now I have no clue where I'm going to get the $140 just to get season 4! What a terrible idea on hit!'s part:mad:
  18. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I emailed them. I told them the only reason I'd risk impoverishing myself to get the Complete Series when I already have 3/4 of it is if the new set opened up a hole to Fraggle Rock itself! This really, REALLY ticks me off!
  19. vaati64

vaati64 Member

i've just sent my email. hopefully if we all band together, we can make a difference and get season 4 released alone.
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

If anyone is thinking of selling their season sets on ebay etc to get the complete season might be better to do it now than when the complete set is released, i'd guess a lot of people will sell theirs then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.