1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

:)

It's bad sometimes, because when they get a new set they sometimes get rid of the old set and act like they never had it and start a new listing but never update it for a year and we can't rent it for forever:sympathy:
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Rully, these websites seriously need to keep updating! Can't make it any more clear! Hehe
  3. getup

getup New Member

in most cases though, the final season is usually released just before the complete set...the last season usually does not come exclusively with the box set only...that makes no sense whatsoever. i don't think i know of a single show that didn't complete the individual sets first. that's just plain stupid in my opinion. you got season one...followed by each other season one per year...fourth and final comes and...nahhhhh, let's just release the whole set. i wouldn't be surprised if season four was released by itself as scheduled before the complete series. i still have a feeling i will end up buying both. i always double dip...even though i hardly ever want to...i usually do. they've learned my weakness as a collector
  4. fraggled

fraggled New Member

So, does anyone know for sure if they are going to be issuing a separate Season 4 for those of us who have already purchased seasons 1 thru 3? As much as I'd like to have this whole kaboodle, I can't afford to spend the extra money right now (or in November) so I am a bit miffed being a die-hard fan and all like someone said earlier. But, still, if I can at least purchase a separate Season 4 I will be somewhat satisfied and happy for those who waited for the complete set or at least can afford both. The more I think about it, they better put out a separate Season 4 or I will be steamed and that wouldn't be very Fraggle-like ...
  5. zns

zns Active Member

It is a shame that HIT will not be releasing season 4 as a stand alone set, but I think that it's best if we all be thankful that it is getting recognition for the complete series set (just a thought). Let's see how it works out.
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Still, I'm not as grateful for apples if I was hungary for oranges and they made me pay for a whole box of apples with two oranges in it *lol*:coy::excited:
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

We can only hope HIT changes its mind and does release the final season (unfortunately, this brings to mind how Time Warner released seasons one through three of Animaniacs! but hasn't released the fourth and final one yet [and probably won't, as the company has moved on to releasing Tiny Toon Adventures & Freakazoid!, despite the fact that all of 'em were part of the Silver Age family of WB! cartoons]). :p Such are The Facts of Life, I guess. :(
  8. getup

getup New Member

i guess it is good that the show is being completed at least...unlike such disappointments like only getting season 1 of the jetsons or not releasing the last half of the last season of Jem.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yeah, but it's not good for those who worked themselves to get the seperate seasons, only to realize that the last season will just be part of a complete package.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Since nothing is listed for pre-order yet I wouldn't count out a season four stand-alone set. There's been no firm confirmation that Hit *won't* be releasing both, just that they are releasing a series set. :coy:
  11. getup

getup New Member

well, most likely i will be double dipping. it's just inevitable. it would be nice if it was worth the double dip though...even so that if they made exclusive extras for both releases...not just the whole box set. and it would be nice, even though perhaps a minor detail, if they restored wembley and gobo saying down at fraggle rock for the terrible tunnel and the finger of light intros respectively
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'm like you, getup: They do that because folks like me will buy it for the different 'new' things on the set. Grrr.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It's marketing and money-making strategy, plain & simple.
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

They may eventually sell it at a discount when they realize it's Christmas time and people are walking away from it in the store, heh.
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I still feel that it's bad marketing to have core fans walk away from something they kept alive. :(
  16. getup

getup New Member

i guess we gotta remember too that there is still 3 months for them to change their mind or make a different decision. i'll complain once the time is set that it's definitely not coming out, but like i said, i'm probably going to buy the whole thing anyway. in the back of my mind i always knew they'd do this...but seeing that it is my favorite show of ALL time...and i had first completed the set on vhs and spent tons of money to re-acquire it...this is just somewhat the same. but between this and the real ghostbusters complete set that i already ordered...plus lost season 4 on blu ray...i think that will be my birthday and christmas right there...but most likely from me to me. :p
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sadly, my birthday and Christmas are being spent on my schooling, thanks to my folks.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, if they plan on never releasing the 4th season as a stand alone, it's a completely stupid idea. And somehow, I wanna blame it on Lion's Gate (especially what they did to Dragonball, and how they're refusing calls from Funimation).

And I don't see why they couldn't do it at all... I mean, the disks for season 4 have been programmed and burned. not like they'd lose money making something completely new up, right?

Though, personally, it doesn't effect me so much, since I plan on getting the complete series anyway (if I get money). But it still seems like something's wrong, be it a miscommunication or something. Maybe Lionsgate needs to be contacted as well.
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Even in collecting toys if we ask about a toy too soon most of the people we talk to know nothing about it being made, so maybe it is the same for DVDs :)
  20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Use school to learn a very good trade so you can make tons of money and buy ALL of us some of this goodness! :wisdom: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.