1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah that's pretty odd to release volume special edition sets, but then release the final set as an all encompassing package that already has the sets.

The cheap person I am, I never even got the volume sets, just a couple of the stand alone dvds when they were released(yay for animated episodes)

One would *think* Fraggles Find Work and the animated episodes would be on them, as well as the mid 80's HBO vhs tape "Doozer Music"(which I remember finding some years back)

A new Fraggle short...interesting. Though odd they don't have the other Fraggles refurbished/new puppets to use.

It seems they should release a Season 4 with the goodies that are exclusive to the set; don't they see that they'd be upsetting their niche fanbase?
  2. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Hmm..it seems that HIT would rather have that people, who have bought season 1,2, 3 and who don't want to use money on it twice, download a dvd rip of the discs from season 4 instead of buying it, can't see the logical decision in this at all.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Looks like my Fraggle DVD's are going to have to find a new home. :smirk: Very disappointing, HIT.

BTW, will this complete series DVD retain all the bonus features from seasons 1-3? Moreover, the notebooks and artwork that came with them?
  4. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Okay, this officially sucks arse! I never thought I'd say that about anything relating to Fraggles. *Sigh*

Tis as if HIT just took a giant hand and smacked it across the face of all loyal Fraggle fans who made them even richer by buying all the stand alone DVDs and the first three season sets. I mean, I would have boughten the full series set eventually anyhow, as I'm a little crazy like that, but being unemployed and having to spend $140 to complete the series of your favorite shows just kind of sucks when all you need is one final season. My complaint letter, e-mail, and telephone call is on the way.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's extremely disapointing, I'm kinda in shock right now. Dreadful shame. Not sure what I will do right now, but I will try not to get too upset (after all there are people with real problems in the world.)
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Reportedly the final season will also be available for sale seperately. No need for angry letters. :coy:
  7. heralde

Well I'm confused then, considering the HIT message that was posted. What exactly is happening?
  8. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

But the message about there being not stand alone season four came from HIT itself :sympathy:! Reports are different than first hand e-mails I think:o....Even if I don't want it to be true:cry:
  9. vaati64

vaati64 Member

yeah, now i confused myself..... I guess we will just have to see:confused:
  10. heralde

Well in any case, all this worry about expensive DVD sets has just inspired me to donate a bit to Covenant House. Sometimes it takes disapointments to put thing in perspective. :)
  11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I'm poor already, I don't need anymore perspective thank you *lol* :)
  12. heralde

Me too, hehe. But it good to remember others have it worse and couldn't afford the original DVDs or much else.
  13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Thank you for articulating exactly how I feel! As I said earlier on page 2:

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Don't Panic!

I doubt that they'd merely release season four encased in a box series set. I don't know of any other series of DVDs that does that. That being said, they could release the box set before the single version of series four to stimulate sales of the special edition, but they'll likely come out around the same time. I betcha!

I am an avid DVD collector and don't see HIT doing anything different than other releases. Don't panic. No one will likely have to get the whole box set. If anything the season packaging will be limited edition numbered. That's just a guess. :coy:
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

What a bummer... Way to get fans hopes up. :p
  16. heralde

I know someone mentioned Netflix earlier. I don't know for sure of course, but I think they do have boxsets, but they have you order them individually by disk. That's how they deliver the Dog Whisperer set. So it's a possibility. Just have to see I guess!
  17. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Despite the e-mail I got, I think you may be right. No one releases complete series sets without the final season individually. Most studios release both at the same time. HIT, being a smaller studio with no TV-DVD experience except Fraggle, might be holding off.

Either that, or I may have simply been given the wrong information; that's happened before. Customer service has given different answers, depending on which contact method you use. This might not be any different.

I'll try to get more info...
  18. heralde

That's true, not everyone is kept informed, so we'll just have to see if there are any updates. It may still be true, but it's just strange that they'd go against the trend of most season DVDs.

Well, if worse comes to worse, if I'm able to buy the box set, I'll probably try donating my old sets to my library! Hehe
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Someone? *is sad and forgotten*:cry:
    Oh, I know, I've been a member since 2003:excited:. I just wonder if they would buy the whole boxset again to be able to rent out the 4th season :o
  20. heralde

Ack sorry! I actually thought it was you, but I couldn't find it right away and then thought I was wrong, lol. I don't blame you for being annoyed, I've been referred to as "someone" many times, lol. Thanks for setting it straight!

Well that's a good question. If it were me in charge, I'd buy it again if it meant people would rent Season 4 individually. They'd still be getting money. ::Am going to pray tonight:: Hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.