1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Maybe going against the majority here, but I am thrilled by this news.

I am hoping for a Season 4 release to complete the box sets and a Complete series box set as a seperate item is so cool.

The extras are interesting, not really a mention of Fraggles Look For Jobs, and Doozer Music has still not been put onto DVD, but I guess they have to keep something back for later releases, today we have DVD..............what will be in another 25 years!

Its just another great Fraggle collectible, and what a great way to end the Fraggle releases.

I also think its fantastic news that the press release states that 1.3 million Fraggle DVD's have already sold, not bad for a 25 yr old kids show!

Thanks and congratulations Hit/Henson!

Chris
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Somehow the fact that I am the same age as FR makes me feel both very old and very young *lol*:excited:
    Of course, many of the people I know around my age don't have the sort of money to get the whole series boxset on top of the normal seasons (I know I don't) so I hope season four is not just a boxset thing (I don't think it will be though :))
  3. getup

getup New Member

somehow i have a feeling i will be getting everything. i seem to do that a lot with box sets. being a collector does that to you i guess. happened to me with the OC when that came out as the complete series but there seems to always be something about the box set that makes the upgrade worthwhile...that one being the first season (probably the only season worth watching) was remastered in widescreen...the twin peaks box set had both versions of the pilot episode for the first time on a US dvd release...so i hope the box warrants a reason to get it over just the fourth season. i can't imagine just a new short being the only thing. but that and packaging so far sound like the only thing. we'll just have to wait and see...but most likely i'll still get it. lol. if anything...christmas is right around the corner from the release
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I really want to see that new FR short!
  5. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Well I know what to add on my Christmas list for Santa, if he or my folks can afford it.
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

"Fraggle pebbles?" I prefer Fruity Pebbles, personally. Never could bring myself to eat Fraggle. :smirk: :excited: :coy:

I think a miniature of the Rock would be an awesome box for this, though, perhaps not entirely reasonable. Other box-sets have come in plastic boxes, but I don't think I've seen anything with the detail that a replica of Fraggle Rock would have.

Maybe it could look like a Doozer construction. That'd be cool!
  7. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I'm calling HIT right now to try and figure out if a season 4 set is coming or not with the same extras as the complete series set. Wish me luck! :)
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*saultes you* Good luck sir!
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

Well, I just got off the phone with HIT...

A solo season 4 set seems to be in place but the person I was on the phone with told me to contact Lions Gate about any release info on the sets. So here I go!
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*standing on the side-lines with a foam thumb and pom-poms*
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

For some unexplained reason, Lions Gate doesn't have a phone number on their site so I left them an e-mail. I hope I get a response soon about this.
  12. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

If they don't reply to your e-mail, try this number and ask for customer service: (310) 449-9200
  13. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you my good friend. It's best that we get some solid answers so we don't waste our good money on certain things, not that these last two sets are a waste. ;)
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Technically, you're one year older than the series, given that it debuted in 1983, one year before my soon-to-be-24-in-October birthday (1984). That aside, being around the same years Fraggle Rock debuted & aired makes all of us 20-somethings feel old (in the case of current generations who've never seen the series) and young (in the case of the franchise's revival).
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I doubt they'd hold back season 4 and just release it as a part of the complete series. The only thing that concerns me is will this set come with the notebooks and everything? I'd still prefer to get the entire collection (as it technically is cheaper if you get them all together).

As for the box, it probably will be shaped like something. Most complete series boxes are. Full House is shaped like a house, so wasn't the original version of the Invader Zim complete series... King of Queens is shaped like a UPS truck... They're planning a Speed Racer shaped like the Mach Go... The Real Ghostbusters could come in a box shaped like the firehouse (the votes haven't been tallied yet)

Just so long as it doesn't end up like this

Of course, What's Happening is such a bad show, it actually deserves that treatment.
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

So I guess my idea of having the complete set done in the shape of a mini replica of the Rock isn't so far fetched. ^_^ Just as long as that doesn't squish the DVDs in the packaging! XD

~Dance your cares away~
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I say it should be a giant radish :excited::insatiable: *hee*
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oooooh... That is terrible...

I remember Red car!