Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
oh, didn't see the whole thing about the episodes of season 4 being released for the first time ever. so...if they go this way rather than releasing season 4 by itself, i might be a little ticked off then too. Although, HIT has never struck me as the greatest company ever. and if you read in their statement it says

"Never-before released episodes from season four included in the Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection are "Sprocket's Big Adventure," "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water," "Sidebottom Blues," "Uncle Matt's Discovery," "Junior Faces the Music," "A Tune For Two," "The Perfect Blue Rollie," "A Brush With Jealousy," "Wembley's Flight," "Red's Blue Dragon," "Wonder Mountain," "Space Frog Follies" and "Boober Gorg."

well that only includes the episodes from Season 4 as we know, not season 4 and 5...and Sprocket's Big Adventure and Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water are both on the Season 3 DVD Set. so i really don't know what to think about this
I was concerned about the possibility of not having a separate Season 4, but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't believe HIT would make a stand-alone Season 4 box unavailable to the hardcore fanbase, whose support of the individual sets allowed for this complete series box to exist in the first place.

TVShowsOnDvd.com shows no sign of concern either, although they do guess S4 might be pushed back a week so both items retail on 11/4:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fraggle-Rock-The-Complete-Series/10194

And yes, Sprocket's Big Adventure and Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water have already been issued on Season 3. But several other episodes mentioned in the press release have already been issued on single-disc DVDs, so that "never-before-released" list is far from accurate.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The never-before-released part probably only relates to the series as a season set (and as a collector's edition).

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
So um... My dilema... Currently have FR Seasons 1 and 2 in my DVD collection, bought those individual sets when they were released, okay, both when Season 2 was released. Haven't gotten Season 3 yet, and I was planning on getting it when Season 4 got its time to shine this year. But now that there's gonna be an end-all have-all super collector's edition with all four seasons and gads of extra features... Should I sell off my two boxsets, hold off on the last two, and just go for this complete collection instead? Or should I keep the two I have and concentrate on getting the remaining individual two sets instead?

If ever there was a time to wemble, this is it. :coy: :excited: :smirk:
If I were you, I would wait until we find out the difference between Season 4 and the Complete Series set. We've been told almost nothing yet about Season 4.

The Complete Series might just be a very nice packaging of what's already available, with nothing exclusive. Only time will tell, of course, so I would just wait for more news.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The Complete Series harbor some additions, though, at the beginning of this thread.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Very cool indeed. It seems that they will make both a single season 4 set and the complete series. i was wondering when they would announce it's release about a full series as well I've been thinking about a Muppet show complete series too.

I hope that they wrap tape and last day shooting means the Fraggle's look for jobs video that has been seen on youtube.

Hopefully there will be a series 4th overview as well? most likely on the 4 season set. I'm not sure if the overview and extras on the first 3 sets are going to be on the complete series.

This looks to be one the the best tv show releases ever! It was really done right and at the perfect time too, right at it's 25 year anniversary with the new movie to follow in the works. Plus new Red Fraggle stuff! lets hope to see more with more fraggles! I'd love to see Steve with Wembley and Sprocket again and Dave with Boober and Uncle Traveling Matt!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That's SO annoying. All the hardcore fans were the ones pushing for the show on DVD in the first place. And we were the ones buying it for ourselves and friends in order to ensure that the next season was actually released, since HIT kept warning us that nothing was definite and it all depended on sales. So now that we all own the available boxsets in fear that they will be stolen away from us/ not be released, THEN they release an entire set with extras that AREN'T on the DVD'S? Too bad all the collectors (who entire series sets are geared for in the first place) who would be interested in those features already own the whole series.

Everyone else seems very excited, but to me it feels like a bit of a slap in the face. It will never happen, but in a dream world my season 4 box-set comes with a mail-order coupon for a DVD filled of the features that I was ripped off from having. :/

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Either that, or the features are in the season four set itself.

Luke

Reaction score
Either that, or the features are in the season four set itself.
It sounds like it might end up that way, or at least most of them on there. It sounds to me that they will just put this out as a way to get all the episodes officially together for the first time anywhere, and then release season 4 after. I would guess we'll have confrmation soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.