Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound negative about everyone's opinion, but lately all I've been hearing on this thread is a bunch of unhappy responses about the set being too expensive, too much of a waste, etc. I think we should all be happy that HIT is releasing this set as a special way to show that they care for Fraggle Rock as much as we do. They have even added great bonus features, inlcuding the new short with :excited: that they took time to produce for us. I don't know about any of you, but I am going to try to keep a positive attitude about this and appreciate what these fine people are doing.
I am very happy about this set i had a feeling that they would release this set i bought season 1 and then stoped on the buying the other sets , because i just had a feeling that this would come out . I guess the reason for that is the fact that other series have done the same thing, compete series with several new dics with some cool features .

I can not wait .:excited::excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's not that we're not happy to get the set, but rather, dismayed that a seperate season 4 won't be made for those who've already bought the first 3 seasons.

fraggled

Reaction score
HIT's total disrespect for the loyal fans who have faithfully supported the series is disheartening.
That pretty much says it for me. I will no longer purchase anything from HIT until a separate and complete 4th season has been released.

I did send a nice e-mail to the company though requesting same, for all the good it will do apparently. I am very disappointed and actually growing quite annoyed about the whole situation. I believe I have the end of the series taped from HBO back in the 80's on vhs somewhere around here so that will have to suffice until if and when they release it on dvd.

zns

Reaction score
Frankly it dosn't matter to me whether season four comes out, just as long as I am able to get the complete series.

vaati64

Reaction score
Frankly it dosn't matter to me whether season four comes out, just as long as I am able to get the complete series.

thats how i'm starting to look at it! the complete series collection is probably going to have a good amount of exclusive extra bonus features any

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But what about those die-hards who bought the first three seasons? Where's their conpensation?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound negative about everyone's opinion, but lately all I've been hearing on this thread is a bunch of unhappy responses about the set being too expensive, too much of a waste, etc. I think we should all be happy that HIT is releasing this set as a special way to show that they care for Fraggle Rock as much as we do. They have even added great bonus features, inlcuding the new short with that they took time to produce for us. I don't know about any of you, but I am going to try to keep a positive attitude about this and appreciate what these fine people are doing....Frankly it dosn't matter to me whether season four comes out, just as long as I am able to get the complete series.
The expensed isn't bothersome. There was a time when all we Fraggle fans were pleading with a company to release this series. HiT tested the waters with sample videos that contained a few episodes before releasing season sets and I don't fault them for that. It makes good marketing sense. But now that they've got the fans, they're toying with us and that's not cool.

I don't see this recent tactic as "fine" behavior. To be honest I planned to buy this complete series set regardless of its timing. Muppety products get top priority with my dollar. I am certain HiT will release a single packed season 4 somewhere down the line - it's just shocking they have made this decision that is obliviously upsetting the fans that made this possible. We held up our end of the arrangement but the recent move from Hit hasn't. We're lucky to be getting the series at all, but I fault no fan for citing HiT's unfriendly (out of character) behavior.

What HiT should have done is release season 4 as a single, along side a series set or waited 6-12 months before releasing the series set like most companies. I'm sure there would be complaints with that practice too, but nothing a DVD collector wouldn't see coming. I think a series set release would do better if launched around the upcoming film.

getup

Reaction score
let's face it. whichever route they chose would end up making someone unhappy...people would be mad cuz they brought out a complete set after people already bought all the individual sets...they're making us mad cuz they're doing the complete set without completing the individuals first. in this day and age, you almost can't please ANYONE...and not just pertaining to this. that goes for most things in life these days.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think a series set release would do better if launched around the upcoming film.
Yes, but remember, the book detailing FR's making and various other related products will probably be released around the same time, too.
people would be mad cuz they brought out a complete set after people already bought all the individual sets
Why? The complete set has what the individual sets have and more (an exclusive Red short and more special features) and so, why would one who bought the complete series set be envious of one who just bought the individual seasons?

getup

Reaction score
i had meant the people who bought the individual sets would be mad to learn of the complete set later. which always happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.