Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And even if you sell things to make money most people don't have the money to buy them, so you only end up getting $10 from selling a video game to go to the buying a fraggle boxset fund:cry:
Right. You'd have to sell a bunch of games to get enough. XD

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just sent a email to Hit, and I will also be posting a hard copy to them too.

The news of the Complete Series is amazing, it will be a great Fraggle Collectible of the future to Im sure. Probably my only minor complaint would be that with $50 boxsets, you get a fantastic replica of early Henson fraggle work, yet in an expensive series set all you get is a 1 piece of paper Replica Poster? Does anyone know what the poster will be, I am guessing it will be the Frith drawing of the Map, which is already in the Music and Magic CD? Hopefully it will be something unreleased!

The news that Season 4 is not released on its own is very upsetting, as a die-hard fan I am fortunate to be in a position that I would have bought both season 4 and the complete set too, Not being able to complete the Individual boxsets is annoying, and I totally understand the frustration of many on here who cannot get the Complete Series, due to funds etc.

Anyway, here is a copy of the letter/email I sent to Hit, I also added another issue, of the fact that Fraggle Rock season sets are not available in the UK, I also feel this is also unfair due to the fact that Warrick, who created the online DVD petition lives in the UK, yet it is still not available here!

Dear Sir, I am writing in connection to your DVD releases of Fraggle Rock. Firstly, I would like to compliment you on the excellent treatment you have given to the first three seasons of Fraggle Rock, the content, packaging, and bonus material has been exceptional.
The recent news that a Complete Series Boxset, due for release in November, is very exciting, and I am looking forward to adding this to my vast Fraggle Collection. However, the news that a stand alone Season 4 Boxset is not planned for release is disappointing. As a die-hard Fraggle fan, I would buy season 4, to complete my individual Boxset collection, and also buy the Complete Series Boxset as a separate Fraggle collectible.
I am however aware that many Fraggle fans are not in a position to buy the Complete Series, after spending many dollars on Sets 1-3!
As a loyal customer of your Fraggle products, can I please ask you to reconsider your decision not to release Fraggle Rock season 4 on DVD, I am sure both season 4 and the Complete Series would both be very popular and successful Products!
Also, on a separate issue, as I live in the UK I have had to purchase Fraggle Rock DVD boxsets from the USA, as only a few episodes have ever been released in the UK.
Is it likely that Fraggle Rock Season Boxsets, or complete series will ever be released in the UK, preferably with the UK lighthouse segments?
Many Thanks for your time on this matter,
Keep the Magic alive!
Yours Sincerely

Chris

Kermieuk

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, as nice as it would be to have the UK Captain segments, it would be hard to get every individual Doc & Sprocket segment for each country (and especially so, since the Canada/USA/Australia and UK ones are the only one to finish the series completely with the segments intact).

getup

Reaction score
well, i know i'm going to be buying the complete set...i'm STILL hoping that there will be something special to make it worth buying the individual as well as i can't otherwise justify the purchase of the stand alone after buying the complete set if there's nothing special aside from simply completing the individual collection. i am not wanting to sell them almost because of the notebooks and stuff that came in the packaging, and it wouldn't really seem ethical to keep them and just sell the packages without them. and who is going to want to buy the individual three seasons knowing they can't get the 4th one to complete their sets? so, i'm thinking i'm just gonna have to eat a bullet and buy the complete series when it comes out and then if the individual release comes out, i'll debate whether it's necessary to buy that. or by that time, maybe someone will want to buy the first three for cheap...who knows. this is all very frustrating

getup

Reaction score
i think there should be some major major incentive for us to buy the complete series...like a mail in rebate or something to give us credit for having all the others too.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Well, as nice as it would be to have the UK Captain segments, it would be hard to get every individual Doc & Sprocket segment for each country (and especially so, since the Canada/USA/Australia and UK ones are the only one to finish the series completely with the segments intact).
Well, I think I have to disagree, I am sure that the Henson Library still holds all the episodes from different countries with the Doc and Sprocket segments. Approx 20 episodes of the UK series have already been released on DVD here, just random episodes though, not seasons! The various county segments have been discussed on here many times, and it appears that most people have fondest memories of the Fraggle Rock they grew up with, which for me is the UK Lighthouse Captain and Sprocket segments, and I would love to see tham all!

Chris

zns

Reaction score
Well, it's nice that money isn't an issue with you and you did'nt buy the first three sets already ^.^. We aren't unhappy because we don't appreciate them, we are unhappy because we do and have all along by buying the single sets, and feel that we should be acknowledged with a single set . It's not like we are saying don't make a boxset with all the seasons, we're just saying don't forget us:sympathy:!
Some of us just don't have the extra money to find buying everything all over again for two or three things worth it, and many of us are diehard fraggle fans :excited:
Actually, I do have the first three seasons individually and I understand why everyone is a little upset. I just want to try to keep positive about certain situations like this, and a lot of people tend to forget about that. Besides, before he died, Jim himself always stayed focused on the positive of his own work and life, even when he wasn't successful. But anyway, this is just me talking and that's all I wanted to say. Sorry if I sound a little too forward.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Despite this bad news, everyone should keep in touch with HIT and continue to bombard them with requests for a stand-alone Season 4. We bombarded them with requests for season sets four years ago and got them; this situation isn't any different. If you want it, ask.

It makes sense for them to release a big item like this (with the show's 25th anniversary and the larger awareness since the movie's announcement), but they do know us diehards - and everyone else who purchased the first three seasons - are out there waiting to finish their sets.

Let them continue to hear from us, and ensure they may release the final season in the future.

HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock SEASON SETS)
830 South Greenville Avenue
Allen, Texas 75002-3320

Consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com

1-866-405-7625

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I think I have to disagree, I am sure that the Henson Library still holds all the episodes from different countries with the Doc and Sprocket segments.
What I said was that it would be hard to reassemble the UK segments and put them as they were originally made. Plus, as I said, ONLY the Canadian/American original (which was also used in Australia) and the United Kingdom one are the only ones to finish the series in its entirety with Doc and Sprocket segments intact (for the French & German ones reportedly only went so far as the first-to-second seasons).

Kermieuk

Reaction score
What I said was that it would be hard to reassemble the UK segments and put them as they were originally made. Plus, as I said, ONLY the Canadian/American original (which was also used in Australia) and the United Kingdom one are the only ones to finish the series in its entirety with Doc and Sprocket segments intact (for the French & German ones reportedly only went so far as the first-to-second seasons).
I am sure that Master Copies of the complete Episodes with the UK segments still exsist, It would not be hard for a company like Hit! to put these onto DVD, they would not need to physically work out and reassemble each segment. I also understand that not all CO-Productions completed all 96 episodes, so it would be pointless to release these. But as all 96 of the UK epsiodes were made it would be good if it did get released!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.