Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
they would not need to physically work out and reassemble each segment
Remember though that the series was made in a time before DVDs.

mrsieve

Reaction score
We should force them to buy back the previous 3 seasons (though highly unlikely).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
www.muppetnewsflash.com just reported that the expensive box set is all we're getting. I still can't believe HiT would do such a thing. I'm sorry for minimizing the concerns of others on the forums. This is truly un-Fraggle-like behavior.

We were with HiT when they teased us with single "themed" DVDs and purchased them to show our interest. That should have been enough of a test for them.

A- Faithful fans that made this set possible should not be financially penalized for their support.

B- Some people like having smaller uniform collector sets instead of a box.

C- This is a show of bad faith from their company. Who can even trust that this will be their final "repackaging" of the Fraggle series?

I enjoyed the thought and care put into all three releases. Apparently "the suits" are responsible for this decision. If the animated series is ever released I hope it is not from HiT. They need to change their mind on this and save face for the long term. Scorned fans do not forget. Outrageous!

There was a company several years back (that will remain nameless) that came out with fantastic Palisades caliber product. However their customer service department was both sluggish in responding to fans and downright rude at times. After collecting what I had originally wanted from their company, I now spam any newsletters they send to my email. Fans don't like to be cheated and the Fraggley Muppety marketplace is getting big enough that we can now make such decisions. I suppose nobody else is going to release series 4 of Fraggle Rock. I don't see myself boycotting this box set that I actually want to own. Maybe I'll just wait a while before picking it up in support of my scorned friends. I’ve waited this long for it, I can wait longer.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This just isn't very polite at all. I hoped to eventually get the season sets but they won't be very special as collectables in later years if they are incomplete. Even if I do one day get the complete collection.:mad:

For years Fraggle fans screamed for the complete episodes on DVD and now they're doing just what most every other DVD series does when it closes - make a collector's edition box of all of it.

I just hope the box set is sturdy and interesting. Oh, and you bet the Muppet Show will do this at the end of its DVD run. Count on it.
All I can say is that The Muppet Show had better not do the exact same thing, just now that we are eagerly anticipating its 4th season to be released next.:concern:

Redsonga

Reaction score
www.muppetnewsflash.com just reported that the expensive box set is all we're getting. I still can't believe HiT would do such a thing. I'm sorry for minimizing the concerns of others on the forums. This is truly un-Fraggle-like behavior.

We were with HiT when they teased us with single "themed" DVDs and purchased them to show our interest. That should have been enough of a test for them.

A- Faithful fans that made this set possible should not be financially penalized for their support.

B- Some people like having smaller uniform collector sets instead of a box.

C- This is a show of bad faith from their company. Who can even trust that this will be their final "repackaging" of the Fraggle series?

I enjoyed the thought and care put into all three releases. Apparently "the suits" are responsible for this decision. If the animated series is ever released I hope it is not from HiT. They need to change their mind on this and save face for the long term. Scorned fans do not forget. Outrageous!

There was a company several years back (that will remain nameless) that came out with fantastic Palisades caliber product. However their customer service department was both sluggish in responding to fans and downright rude at times. After collecting what I had originally wanted from their company, I now spam any newsletters they send to my email. Fans don't like to be cheated and the Fraggley Muppety marketplace is getting big enough that we can now make such decisions. I suppose nobody else is going to release series 4 of Fraggle Rock. I don't see myself boycotting this box set that I actually want to own. Maybe I'll just wait a while before picking it up in support of my scorned friends. I’ve waited this long for it, I can wait longer.
It's like they think the first three sets never happened or sold enough :cry:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still predict the eventual release of a Season 4 single later down the road. It makes business sense to keep series box packaging limited-run. It's expensive to make irregular size and shaped things with pamphlets, posters and items included. They likely want the fans to invest in the box and then have regular buyers (willing to wait) purchase the final single set. I don't see the casual buyer of DVD series going for this entire collection in one shot.

There’s a part of me that’s trying not to be cynical about this. HiT could have the intention of giving fans something really special, but at the price of waiting for the standard series 4 set. Either way I still don’t agree with this decision. Sometimes I wish Disney was distributing this. (ducks) :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I still predict the eventual release of a Season 4 single later down the road. It makes business sense to keep series box packaging limited-run. It's expensive to make irregular size and shaped things with pamphlets, posters and items included. They likely want the fans to invest in the box and then have regular buyers (willing to wait) purchase the final single set. I don't see the casual buyer of DVD series going for this entire collection in one shot.

There’s a part of me that’s trying not to be cynical about this. HiT could have the intention of giving fans something really special, but at the price of waiting for the standard series 4 set. Either way I still don’t agree with this decision. Sometimes I wish Disney was distributing this. (ducks) :coy:
I'm not cynical, just sad:sympathy:...*sighs*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really doute that they will have the complete series for rent as u have said only because 60 dvds is so large to keep up with as a rentle " sigh " :frown: for those who would want to rent them for a while .
True, but sometimes they do have large box sets and send out disks separately. We'll just have to see. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I was planning on buying season three but I'm not now because I only wanted to because I wanted the whole series. Why waste your money of you cans' buy the whole things. I don't want to buy things I already own over again.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm not cynical, just sad:sympathy:...*sighs*
Same. It hurts the inner Fraggle in me to find that the series probably won't be completed (in regards to the seperate season sets). It's just like what TimeWarner did to the 'maniacs. It's like...ever since companies started merging--whether it be Disney & Henson working together or The WB!/UPN combination (now The CW) fusing with 4Kids--things have gone hill, whether it be in the release of highly-requested shows to DVDs or the current television product.

Status
Not open for further replies.