Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
let's face it. whichever route they chose would end up making someone unhappy...people would be mad cuz they brought out a complete set after people already bought all the individual sets...they're making us mad cuz they're doing the complete set without completing the individuals first. in this day and age, you almost can't please ANYONE...and not just pertaining to this. that goes for most things in life these days.
All fans seem to want is a choice. As cool as the series set appears to be - nobody was asking for it. I was natural to assume HiT would continue the same strategy they started before considering a repackaged series. The way they are releasing this material dishonors the longtime supporters that have already made HiT a lot of money. Something appears to have changed in the company since they started with the releases.

I had every intention of passing on a season 4 and buying the box set, but now I am considering dragging my feet on buying this release and focus my Muppety dollar on something else for that financial quarter.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yes, but remember, the book detailing FR's making and various other related products will probably be released around the same time, too. Why? The complete set has what the individual sets have and more (an exclusive Red short and more special features) and so, why would one who bought the complete series set be envious of one who just bought the individual seasons?
Hmm, maybe not..the complete set might not come with all the papers our single sets did:sympathy:...
The way they are releasing this material dishonors the longtime supporters that have already made HiT a lot of money.
Money that means a lot in our budgets right now :frown:. I only have about two hundred dollars each month to spend on things after rent and bills, and basic food, and even then, that means living off of top ramen...many of the fans I know my age just don't have very much to spare :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think a series set release would do better if launched around the upcoming film.
I honestly don;t see why they didn't do that to begin with. Seems like they'd make season 4 come out to coincide with the film... And I have a sneaky suspicion that people who buy the complete series to begin with are gonna miss out on something epic on the single release. Personally, I think I'm gonna miss out on the cool extras that came with the volumes.. series bibles... note book reproductions... just for a poster...

I'd buy the complete series only because it's more financially solid to get them all at once, instead of paying 4 time 40 bucks...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
many of the fans I know my age just don't have very much to spare
And even when we'd be old enough to retire, we'd probably still be paying off debts from higher education and whatnot. XD

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Might I remind everyone of what I said back on page 2 of this thread?

That's SO annoying. All the hardcore fans were the ones pushing for the show on DVD in the first place. And we were the ones buying it for ourselves and friends in order to ensure that the next season was actually released, since HIT kept warning us that nothing was definite and it all depended on sales. So now that we all own the available boxsets in fear that they will be stolen away from us/ not be released, THEN they release an entire set with extras that AREN'T on the DVD'S? Too bad all the collectors (who entire series sets are geared for in the first place) who would be interested in those features already own the whole series.

Everyone else seems very excited, but to me it feels like a bit of a slap in the face. It will never happen, but in a dream world my season 4 box-set comes with a mail-order coupon for a DVD filled of the features that I was ripped off from having. :/
I am normally one of the most optimistic muppet fans, but I am truly upset by the news of no individual season 4.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
... wait, when was it announced that there was no season four dvd? Wasn't that just speculation based on the fact that the complete series was coming out? All TVonDVD says is that it's "on hold."

Personally, I can't wait for the complete series! It's a lot cheaper than it would have been to buy them individually (if you haven't already bought them). If you have already bought them, well... I'm probably gonna sell or donate mine.

Redsonga

Reaction score
... wait, when was it announced that there was no season four dvd? Wasn't that just speculation based on the fact that the complete series was coming out? All TVonDVD says is that it's "on hold."

Personally, I can't wait for the complete series! It's a lot cheaper than it would have been to buy them individually (if you haven't already bought them). If you have already bought them, well... I'm probably gonna sell or donate mine.
*whines* But I don't wanta sell ;.;! I'm attached to them..and the person I'm selling them to would get mad because I kept all the papers:scary: :wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
*whines* But I don't wanta sell ;.;! I'm attached to them..and the person I'm selling them to would get mad because I kept all the papers :wink:
... good point. ... Hmm. I'd have to donate them to the library, then, cuz I would deffinitely be keeping the extra stuff. is that greedy? :big_grin: I donated a copy of TMS season 2 to the library, and it's one of their most popular items. I like spreading Muppety joy. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Pardon me for slightly going off topic (muffin monster). But I was just wondering what the thing is regarding the point that Seasons 4 and 5 were originally going to be combined as one and released as Season 4.
So are they really two separate seasons or only one officially? If they are legitimately separate seasons I would prefer that they were released separately, or at least advertised as a combined fourth and fifth set, like I've seen some other box sets do sometimes.

Sorry if I seem a bit fussy. I just like to have specifically accurate identification of season division. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Marty, all the episodes were filmed at the same time and HBO originally showed them as tow different season when they were originally meant to be one, But the DVD box set is being released as just season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.