Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like I'm griping, Matt, but I'm not talking to Elmo here. My email was very clear that I was upset about having to buy my DVDs over again. I mean, are they incapable of responding to an email over the level of:

"Dear HIT,
MAKE ... SEASON 4 ... ON ... DVD."?

Edit: I am a loyal fan ... one who is in school w/o employment and had a hard enough time affording what I've got. After all, if it were JUST for the "proven customers", you know, the ones who BOUGHT their DVDs, wouldn't they have just made a fancy S4 box?
I understand you and, believe me, I'm just as angry as you at the idea of possibly not getting Season 4. And I'm hoping a TON of people are contacting HIT right now with their concerns.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You know, I bet like JHC, SW, and DIZ that the HIT company is reading these forums, too. Regardless, you know we'll be buying the massive set for the extras that won't appear on the other sets.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
You know, I bet like JHC, SW, and DIZ that the HIT company is reading these forums, too.
Which could mean that the companies feel we're attacking them when we speak of all the negative things that've occured.

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
Wow! I got the same e-mail verbatim. And I sent Hit a very nice e-mail praising them for the great job they have done with the previous sets and saying how much loyal fans like myself who have bought these sets faithfully every year would like to be given the option not have to buy 3 seasons we have already bought over again to get season 4. Instead of responding to my concerns they send a from letter stating "[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Great care was taken to create an exclusive, limited-time collector’s edition that pays tribute to Jim Henson and this visionary series." Yes, I'm sure it took great care to see they could screw all the people who had bought the first 3 sets over again - that took lots of thought. I feel like responding that if they wanted to pay tribute to Jim Henson they could start by respecting the fans. I'm just so mad - yes its great they are putting out the complete Fraggle Rock series, but even if I had the extra money (which I dont) I'm not buying it - I'll hold out for release or settle for an import. Eventually Hit may lose the rights to Fraggle Rock and another company could release it.[/FONT]

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow! I got the same e-mail verbatim. And I sent Hit a very nice e-mail praising them for the great job they have done with the previous sets and saying how much loyal fans like myself who have bought these sets faithfully every year would like to be given the option not have to buy 3 seasons we have already bought over again to get season 4. Instead of responding to my concerns they send a from letter stating "[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Great care was taken to create an exclusive, limited-time collector’s edition that pays tribute to Jim Henson and this visionary series." Yes, I'm sure it took great care to see they could screw all the people who had bought the first 3 sets over again - that took lots of thought. I feel like responding that if they wanted to pay tribute to Jim Henson they could start by respecting the fans. I'm just so mad - yes its great they are putting out the complete Fraggle Rock series, but even if I had the extra money (which I dont) I'm not buying it - I'll hold out for release or settle for an import. Eventually Hit may lose the rights to Fraggle Rock and another company could release it.[/FONT]
*sigh* I feel the same way, buddy.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean the movie will be just as bad as HIT's choices.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Which could mean that the companies feel we're attacking them when we speak of all the negative things that've occured.
Why would everything we say about not just taking everything we're given with a smile and and thank you be seen as an attack:sympathy:? I think it just shows that we do have minds of our own and think one of our favorite shows is worth much more than just whatever they feel like giving us:excited:. If we did not love FR as much and buy the first boxsets to began with, we would not be making a fuss at all :coy:.

If I was in a company I think I would see a fuss about something like this as the sign of a dedicated fandom that it might be good to listen to, not an attack-.-

wwfpooh

Reaction score
As much as I would agree with you, it has been my experience that most corporations now often only think of the bottom line (i.e. how much money a franchise can make & how complains can--sadly--demote a franchise).

Status
Not open for further replies.