True or False

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of my favorite newspaper comic strips, I've been reading it for as long as I can remember, and as far as I can remember he always was a soldier, BUT, the strip HAS been around longer than I have apparently, so I'm so 100% sure.

I THINK true, though.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm going to say "I know not?" and go watch the showgirls on stage.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
All rightey.
Mort Walker's famous comic strip character Beetle Bailey has always been a soldier.
Actually the answer is false.
For the most part he has been a soldier, but according to wikipedia in the earliest days of the comic strip, he was just an ordinary civilian. Apparently the strip had not been running very long when Mort Walker threw this twist into the tale.
Beetle is supposed to have been fooling around dating two girls, neither of them aware about the other, and one day to his horror he saw them approaching him from opposite ends of the street. Stuck in the middle the only place he could turn to avoid meeting them both was through the doorway of an open building. So before they could notice him he ran inside. It was the headquarters where the Army signed up volunteers and so Beetle enlisted rather than face two angry, hurt women. And the Army has been the setting for the comic ever since.

So you were right Sargey. :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok...true or false

The Movie The Nightmare Before Christmas does actually have a sequel

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hey no fair making a statement based on one of your obsessions!
Pardon me Snowth, but I don't see what is so wrong about that. Sargey should be allowed to base her true or false statement upon anything she likes as far as I'm concerned.

I hope her feelings haven't been hurt. :concern: