1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

True or False

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Here's an idea I've had for another sort of General Discussion game thread just like Anna's "Which do you prefer" thread.

The idea is that somebody puts forward a true or false statement and the next poster answers whether they think it's true or false. If they are correct the first poster acknowledges and if the right answer was false gives the true facts.
    For example if the statement was "Elephants drink through their trunks" and somebody said it was false, you would then say "That's right. They do suck up water with their trunks but they squirt it back out into their mouths for drinking".

If they were right of course they get to make the next statement. If wrong, the first poster gets a second go.

To keep things running smoothly of course everybody must wait until the one who posted the current statement has responded to the first replier. If ziffles occur we'll just have to take them with a grain of salt. Everybody understand then? Okay here we go.

Banana peels will make you fall over if you step on them.
  2. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

3. Bill Bubble Guy

Correct Alex. Your turn now.
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Ooh! I wanna play!
  5. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Okay! Another banana related question:

True or False: A Banana tree is a fruit tree.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, a banana is a fruit, and it grows on a true, ergo, that would make a banana tree a fruit tree. Unless of course you mean those store-bought hook thingies that you hang bananas on at home, those are also called banana trees.

But for the most part, if it's a tree that bears a fruit, then it's a fruit tree.

So true.

True or false: you can reach the high notes of "The Star Spangled Banner" by standing on your tip-toes.
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

A jelly bean is a kind of bean. True or false?
  9. Bill Bubble Guy

Strictly speaking I would say false. Is that right William?
  10. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

WRONG! *laughs like Crazy Harry* Believe it or not, Banana trees are actually the worlds largest HERB!
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That right! But Snowth got it wrong, so I so I gues you and Alex can duke it out, heh! ;)
  12. Bill Bubble Guy

Well would you like to take another go then Alex?
  13. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Go ahead Marty! I won't be around much today, so I won't be able to keep things going.
  14. Bill Bubble Guy

Okay Alex.
    The classic horror novel Frankenstein was written by Mary Shelley.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If a banana tree isn't a fruit tree, then I'm not fat.
  17. Bill Bubble Guy

Incredible isn't it Snowthy?

Anyway Oscarfan, you were correct in agreeing that Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein. So now you get to make a statement.
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Okay, *puts on thinking cap* Ah-ha!

True or False: Steve Whitmire first performed ernie in 1991, shortly after Jim's death.
  19. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

False. According to information, hippie Whitmire performed Ernie in 1993.
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Hippie?