1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

True or False

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Colbynfriends Active Member

yay. ok heres one
    True or False: LOL stands for Lots Of Luck
  2. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I say false because I have always had the impression it stands for Lot Of Laughs or something like that.
  3. Colbynfriends Active Member

Right! LoL stands for Laughing Out Loud, or Lots of Laughs. your turn:D
  4. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Okay. The Flintstones are a Hanna-Barbera cartoon production.
  5. Pork Active Member

6. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Although I'm the second one to reply, it is true. Just like The Jetsons. "Meet George Jetson!"

The Flintstones did meet the Jetsons in a movie ironically called "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones".

Also speaking of the Jetsons, one of the movie studios is trying to make a live action movie of the Jetsons.
  7. Pork Active Member

Ok, I guess it's my turn then. Hmm, I can't think of something very profound. Ok, this ones a race...

Noah is a girls name. True or False?
  8. ryhoyarbie Active Member

True. Noah can be a girl's name.
  9. Pork Active Member

Yes it is true, it's actually a girls name in the Bible too. Numbers 26:33
  10. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Sorry Anna. I would have replied to you earlier but access to the forum dropped out before I could. And yes the answer to my statement was true as rhyoyarbie said. Great to see you back again. I hope you will participate often. :)

And Anna. Your statement was a very cleverly tricky one. A good test for all Bible students. ;)

You may have a turn now rhyoyarbie.
  11. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Alrighty, I'll ask a question.

True or False: Franklin Roosevelt knew about Japan planning to attack the United States as much as 6 months to a year before hand?
  12. Ilikemuppets New Member

13. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Wrong! Proof has been shown that FDR did know plans of Japan planning on attacking the United States within one year before December 7, 1941. However, he did not want to attack because at the time, the US did not attack other countries, unlike in today's time.

I should know, I wrote a paper on the subject in college and did research on the subject.
  14. Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

That's fascinating my friend.
    Would you like to make another statement?
  15. wwfpooh New Member

They also met animated counterparts of Sam and Darrin, too. Talk about a bewitching event of sorts! XD

Speaking of Bewitched, there were technically two Darrins. True or False?
  16. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

True.

In one episode, Darrin's promise to take Samantha on vacation was broken for the umpteenth time because of work, so Endora gets the idea to split Darrin into two different people: one Darrin is compulsive, care-free, happy-go-lucky, only main objective in life is to have as much fun as possible, this was the Darrin to take Sam on vacation; meanwhile the other Darrin was like a machine, and would work, work, work, work, work, work, work, this was the Darrin to take care of business with Larry Tate and their newest client.

True or false: It was once believes that the planets in the solar system revolved around the Earth.
  17. Colbynfriends Active Member

True?
  18. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yep, during the Medeval times, people believed that the planets revolved around Earth, not the sun.
  19. Colbynfriends Active Member

I think I remember learning about that in science class before.

True or False: Toasters toast toast?
  20. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Hold up, time out, to many men on the field, flag on the play!

It was mine turn! Geez........

But I'll be a good sport and let the little lady do her question.

But I'll also answer.

I'll have to say true considering everyone believed at the time that the sun revolved around the Earth. Ergo one can also assume from that reasoning that the planets would revolve around the Earth because it wouldn't make any sense to have the planets revolve around the sun while the sun revolves around the Earth. You would have two sets of rotations and to the fact one of the planets could easily collide with Earth at one point.