True or False

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And he's (she's? :embarrassed: ) right.

There's no evidence that octopusses ever eat people or even go out of their way to savagely attack them. Even though many people conceive them as extremely dangerous the worst threat they pose is gently holding you underwater till you drown in an inquisitive "hug" in their tentacles.
However there is a very small species of octopus that has a poisonous bite or sting that will kill someone within minutes.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Uh...dude. The pural form of Octopus is OctoPI.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Uh...dude. The pural form of Octopus is OctoPI.
Oh well that may be so Pooh. But I have seen the word octopusses appear in some books. Perhaps there may be a little bit of discrepancy regarding the plural or they were very old books I read and things have officially been changed now.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, nowadays you don't hear of cats being called pussycats (beyond Josie & The Pussycats, Tweety Bird's infamous catchphrase, and The Pussycat Dolls), do you? The point of this is that terms change with the times. For example, the word "gay" used to be a synonym for the word "happy", but nowadays, it's just largely considered to be a slang term in regards to homosexual males.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Okay, so I won.

I played the drums in my high school band all four years in high school?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score

Nope, it's true!

I'll go again................

Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the Ghostbusters films, lost out to Arsenio Hall for the voice of Winston in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon show.