What do you really want to see from the Classic Muppets?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't mind guest stars at all (in fact I like them, as anyone can tell from my ideas :smile: ), I just hope that as time goes by they have the muppets holding their own and getting just as many of the jokes as the humans (I thought MTI was good at this even if it was people heavy, but Scooter might have made a better Jim :3).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I want the Muppet Babies released on DVD
The only way that would happen is if all the companies that allowed for the parodies to be done agree on the series being released and with them in off/on fueds to gain audiences as of late, that looks highly unlikely. The only ones to be probably released would be the ones that involve The Muppets themselves in cameos or those that involve Muppeteers in other character roles (ex: Frank as Yoda).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only way that would happen is if all the companies that allowed for the parodies to be done agree on the series being released and with them in off/on fueds to gain audiences as of late, that looks highly unlikely. The only ones to be probably released would be the ones that involve The Muppets themselves in cameos or those that involve Muppeteers in other character roles (ex: Frank as Yoda).
I still think the only company to worry about is Columbia. George Lucas has agreat relationship with the Hensons and Disney, any Sesame Street appearance (while there were only 2 or 3) would be taken care of... I'm sure Jeff Scott would find some loophole for the Stooges Shorts to be used. Everything else (actually, even the Stooges) is all on Columbia.

That said, they can release quite a bit of the last 2 seasons without problems. I seen one that was all old stock footage.

The question is, would they even release the episodes without footage, and do they ever want to bother?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But the footage helped make the series, honesty.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I remember the weirdest of seeing old black and white films in the middle of a new cartoon always caught me by surprise when I was little..in a good way it made 'scary' parts more scary :smile:*lol*
If you cut all of that out there is not much left IMHO :stick_out_tongue:...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. The babies' view on things was awesome, though.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
To be honest about the Muppet Babies I would almost like to see them do a CG show kind of like Micky Mouse Clubhouse. That way it would not down play the classic Muppets per say because they would be the Babies or kids by now.

Redsonga

Reaction score
To be honest about the Muppet Babies I would almost like to see them do a CG show kind of like Micky Mouse Clubhouse. That way it would not down play the classic Muppets per say because they would be the Babies or kids by now.
I really don't think MBs ever took away from the normal muppets..but then, I saw MBs all the time growing up and did not see TMTM until just a year ago...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The babies didn't take away from the Classic Muppets because the series still had the Muppet charm and didn't talk down to the audience, but the current Clubhouse format does take away from Mick and company because the Sensational Six (Mickey & Minnie, Donald & Daisy, Pluto, & Goofy)--in the series--have been reduced to teaching in Dora-esque (i.e. talking down to children) fashion, instead of being in the limelight like they ought to be as Disney's first original creations. And let's not forget the fact that Walt considered Mickey & Minnie to be the cartoon alter-egos of himself and his wife, for as he said in a 1933 interview, "In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie. A lot of people have written to him asking this question, because sometimes he appears to be married to her in his films and other times still courting her. What it really amounts to is that Minnie is--for screen purposes--his leading lady. If the story calls for a romantic courtship, then Minnie is the girl; but when the story requires a married couple, then they appear as man and wife. In the studio, we have decided that they are married...really."