What do you really want to see from the Classic Muppets?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think they do need the Muppet Babies again..but I wonder, would they be made into a Dora show :confused:? All I know is when we were little we didn't need a pause to answer the tv, we just shouted over them *lol*:wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*laughs*

Well, what I'd like to see is what I've always wanted to see. A Muppet SitCom (the situation in this case, being frogs and pigs and bears and chickens and things in a real-world situation). So they'd be living in their house, they'd be putting on a show. They'd be living, having relationships, some ongoing story-arcs, some episodic storylines.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*laughs*

Well, what I'd like to see is what I've always wanted to see. A Muppet SitCom (the situation in this case, being frogs and pigs and bears and chickens and things in a real-world situation). So they'd be living in their house, they'd be putting on a show. They'd be living, having relationships, some ongoing story-arcs, some episodic storylines.
But they don't need the laugh-track or the teenybopper style that's running rampant everywhere. The Muppets need to get out there and be recognized for who they are and what they can do by themselves first. But placing them as mere sidekicks to the Tweens is not the way to go about it.

They just need to add a new scene at the end where Mickey gives them an offer they cannot refuse. And then end on black with evil laughter....Mwahahahah!
More like Bob Igor being the lab assistant to Mike Eisner, with Mickey being tied up, considering it was Eisner who changed Disney from a traditionally family-friendly company that shelled out money to make quality pictures (Walt's vision) to a corporate juggernaut whose only motive is now making any & all profits possible, no matter what toes the company steps on.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't mind a sitcom ... so long as they aren't putting on a show, otherwise it'd just be the Muppet Show ... why not call it that?

Hm ... what do I wanna see...?

Since Disney-owned Dinosaurs never got a chance (well, and they hadn't been invented yet) to mingle in the Family Christmas ... I'd like to see them incorporated somehow. If they did a sitcom, I wouldn't the Muppets to do parodies of tv shows on EVERY episode, but a few nods here and there would be nice. Do Land of the Lost or something ... and you can fit the Sinclairs in as guest stars. *squeals* Have a Farscape parody ... if Stargate gets to do one, so should the Muppets, dang it! I'd like to see some mocking of Disney shows as well. For the actual plot of the series, I'd like it to be more like Roseanne or something (hang on, don't run away yet) ... in other words, it would focus on the characters and not need some major story arc unless they wanted to. The Muppets.com stuff is very amusing and I think a more character-based show would fit better at the moment, since they've been just merchandise for years until recently. Make newer generations SEE that these are characters.

On a sitcom....
1. I've never seen Muppets from Space (want to), but why are they all in one house? Shouldn't AT LEAST Kermit have his own "pad" on SS? Yeah, they probably wouldn't mention it anymore, but it strains credibility that EVERY SINGLE MUPPET can't afford his/her/its own housing SOMEWHERE. I'd like the main set to be an apartment complex or something. Don't tell me it would be too costly to redress the same room over and over.
2. References to the movies would be nice. They had a hit on Broadway ... why the heck is the Muppet Theater always broke?
3. TV parodies would be due to Bunsen and Beaker experimenting with some weird electronic gadget.
4. The Electric Mayhem would have their own file-sharing service and youtube/myspace stuff that would actually be in reality for all of us to see. :big_grin:
5. A soap-opera parody with Scooter finding out he has an evil twin sister. *dies laughing*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
5. A soap-opera parody with Scooter finding out he has an evil twin sister. *dies laughing*
What a way to introduce an adult Skeeter. I just hope she and Piggy wouldn't be fueding over Kemit again. That's one thing the frog doesn't need right now, honestly.

Redsonga

Reaction score
What a way to introduce an adult Skeeter. I just hope she and Piggy wouldn't be fueding over Kemit again. That's one thing the frog doesn't need right now, honestly.
I think it would be sort of funny of Kermit actually liked Skeeter back in the present, think of how much harder Piggy would have to work *lol*:coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think it would be sort of funny of Kermit actually liked Skeeter back in the present, think of how much harder Piggy would have to work *lol*:coy:
Point taken. But I don't think the frog himself would care too much for the triangled relationship. He would have to choose between them both and in the end, one would feel hurt & it would be hard to see that happens to our beloved Muppets, because it is hard enough for real people to go through.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Point taken. But I don't think the frog himself would care too much for the triangled relationship. He would have to choose between them both and in the end, one would feel hurt & it would be hard to see that happens to our beloved Muppets, because it is hard enough for real people to go through.
But it could be one of those relationship tangles where nothing really comes of it :coy:. Besides, we all know nothing would really come between them...

It seems that Miss Piggy has had to work less and less to really keep her love lately, and it might be a good change of pace if she has to finally do something about it and stop picking on him as much :mad:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It seems that Miss Piggy has had to work less and less to really keep her love lately, and it might be a good change of pace if she has to finally do something about it and stop picking on him as much :mad:
I agree with the first part--as Miss Piggy herself does--but it's the latter that's been a stable part of their professional relationship for years!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I agree with the first part--as Miss Piggy herself does--but it's the latter that's been a stable part of their professional relationship for years!
I know, but it would be nice to see more depth to Miss Piggy's character again is all I mean :smile: