What do you really want to see from the Classic Muppets?

Redsonga

Reaction score
So I take it you like the idea? I thought it would be a keen idea myself.
Yes, I do :smile:. I mean, it would be nice to have them do something that showed Muppet Babies actually happened in canon :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yes, I do :smile:. I mean, it would be nice to have them do something that showed Muppet Babies actually happened in canon :smile:
Well, technically they did that via Muppet Family Christmas when the gang watched home movies. XD

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Less mean-spiritedness

I love the muppets, and there have been magic moments in everything they have done, but what I have missed the most SJD is the gentleness that pervaded their humor and wackiness.

I'm not advocating a suffrocatingly sweet band of merry muppets--I get a kick out of snarky Kermit--but Jim always did it by tugging on our heartstrings--not trying to cut our heart out with a rusty spoon.

I'm tired of Kermit being slick and unkind. I've already liked--better--some of the interviews that he did just before Studio DC Almost Live. He was (gasp!) NICE to Piggy, and kind to Fozzie. I want to see more of that.

I want to see everyone--and I know that's not always realistic--but I want to see their bonds with each other--visible and strenghthened. That's what I want to see.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Seeing bonds strengthened is a good goal, for not only would it apply to The Muppets themselves, but it would apply here too.

RL4422

Reaction score
I want to see them back on the air! I'd love for my niece and nephew to know these characters for their generation.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I want to see them back on the air! I'd love for my niece and nephew to know these characters for their generation.
I'm thinking we will be seeing a new TV show within Disney's new push for the characters. I'm just wondering if it'll come before or after Segel's movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love the muppets, and there have been magic moments in everything they have done, but what I have missed the most SJD is the gentleness that pervaded their humor and wackiness.

I'm not advocating a suffrocatingly sweet band of merry muppets--I get a kick out of snarky Kermit--but Jim always did it by tugging on our heartstrings--not trying to cut our heart out with a rusty spoon.

I'm tired of Kermit being slick and unkind. I've already liked--better--some of the interviews that he did just before Studio DC Almost Live. He was (gasp!) NICE to Piggy, and kind to Fozzie. I want to see more of that.

Seeing bonds strengthened is a good goal, for not only would it apply to The Muppets themselves, but it would apply here too.
I think you guys described the situation very well. :smile:

I know, I definitely want them to live on for future generations, with the same gentle wackiness as Ruahnna said, and no mean spiritedness. :wink:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Ho ho ho...I just thought up of something a bit...um...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EThpr1u4GaE

For some reason, this video and the song itself makes The Muppet Show come into my mind (I don’t know why, but it does). So…how about these guys do a music video/song similar to the one above. But it’d involve them running around inside the Muppet Theater (mingling around Backstage, onstage, Muppet Labs, Electric Mayhem bandstand, Dance room, Dressing Room) and on a NYC town, all while being chased by a gigantic green monster. It’ll mix select footage from all 5 seasons of the show with the new footage, and the most odd thing would be that there’d be no Muppets at all (except for several posters, frames and billboards in the background, and the monster, who’s not really a character but more of a prop; he’d sort of look like a deformed Cookie Monster).

Posters, pictures and billboards include:
Miss Piggy
Scooter
Rowlf
Janice
Rizzo
Fozzie
Swedish Chef
Jim Henson Muppet

…and there’d be a flashing Kermit head signal throughout the video

Very cheeky idea, eh?

But really, what I WOULD love to see happen is the Disney Channel having a section devoted to the Muppets; I’m not sure about the schedule, but they’d air The Muppet Show, along with Muppet Babies, and all the movies (plus the non-theatrical ones), all complete, unedited and restored. Hey, I figure this would be a lot easier for those who haven’t bought the Season DVDs and/or can’t afford to (I haven’t bought Season 3 yet, and there’s no way I’m able to either)

And another thing: If they ever rerelease The Muppet Movie on DVD, they should throw in more, better extras on there---like the deleted scenes we’ve heard about (that picture with Statler and Waldorf riding a camel in the desert being one of them), and even behind the scenes footage of the “Rainbow Connection” finale, if that [or any] does exist (maybe Tim or WasOnceErnie can confirm this?)