Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I must say the "Murray had a little Lamb" segment may be going a bit longer, but I can understand why to explain the types of schools that children can go to each day.

Also I loved the new :stick_out_tongue: & :frown: claymation today, it's a fun way to see the two of them as Pirates.

I also kind of like the diffent socks on today's show, but the conga line was a bit too much. I sort of liked first street story song about the Laundry mat. :smile:

Still it was an okay show for today, even though I caught most of it in the beginning.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
This season seems to be looking up for the Street, to be sure. Even with the introduction of a new flagship segment (Murray has a Little Lamb), all of the episode--old and new bits--meshed well together.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And Murray had a little Lamb is a brilliant way to take care of bi-lingual education, real life kid experiances, and learning about little cultural tidbits. Still think it can do without the guessing game part at the beginning, though.
I agree, the segment woulde 2 or 3 minutes shorter without the quessing game. His lamb could just tell him the class in Spanish, he wonders what than means, and upon arrival of said class, he finds out what it means.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Thanks Drtooth, but that's why it's listed as "Animation" instead of "Unknown Segment". Check back with you guys later.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Today's ep was good. We finally got to see Big Bird and Snuffy together again. It was odd that they didn't appear together last season, lol. Most of today's ep seemed to show more old footage. See the Signs never gets old to me, since I think Chris Brown is AWESOME!:big_grin:

And anyone notice that EVERY muppet has appeared for the season exept :insatiable:?

Strange isn't it? Well, I'm not complaining. I'm just happy enough to see BB again!:wisdom:

luv dat bird!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And anyone notice that EVERY Muppet has appeared for the season except :insatiable:?
Prairie Dawn hasn't, though she'll be in tomorrow's. Zoe hasn't appeared in Muppet form yet.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I really like this season so far. I'm loving the clay animation Bert & Ernie. I'm loving the guests. I actually really like the fact of it being wide-screen, it makes the show look somewhat movie-esque.

And okay. Murray may be my new favorite Sesame muppet. I am very glad Joey has a supporting roll, instead of playing a plant, or monkey, or parent. Yes the segment of "Murray Had A Little Lamb" is a tad long, but its funny too me.

"What clue is there with insects? a frog? and a magnified glass? OH I KNOW ITS the Science & Nature Class at the American Museum of Natural History!"

That line hearing it today just made me crack up to peices. Sesame Workshop is doing a great job with blending. And not much Elmo, I mean I like Elmo but its nice to see Telly featured a lot so far! Abby is just cuter than ever.

Chris is also just the bomb dot com. Very great, natural character. Overall this season is looking great, and i'm loving it very very very much! :insatiable:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And FINALLY we get to see Big Bird and Snuffy in an episode. I really think that they did the sponsers better in this episode than in the last one. It seemed like a subplot, not just someone announcing the letter/number segments.
I agree. Interaction between BB and Snuffy was something that was absent last season (unless you count the scene with them in Elmo's Christmas Countdown). Anyway, I only saw the street scene of today's ep so there was a lot I missed. Hopefully, my local station will replay it soon.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
things i particularly liked:

* golden triangle of destiny! HAHAHA. i love telly, murray, and virginia virginia. that was hi-larious. i definitely think there's not enough love for telly. that char is so funny and neurotic! i felt bad for chris when telly pretty much manhandled him! HAHAH!

* NPH as the shoe fairy. NPH is uber hot and talented and FUNNY! i hope they make a dr. horrible spoof and get him to come back on the show. maybe it can be a celebrity bit about emotions!

*feist. yeah not a big fan of feist, but i LOVED the spoof. smart idea, i say.

* leela and chris rock. the end.

a little sad about the lack of classic inserts and stuff, but i get it. 1. w/ HD it would look really weird to have 16:9 street stories and then get a whole bunch postage stamped 4:3 inserts in between.
2. ALSO, considering that the show get so much flak from parents nowadays for too much recycling of classic stuff and looking too old-fashioned (did you know that a lot of people don't know that sesame street still makes new episodes?)... i can tell that sesame street is trying to update its image. sucks for us that like the classic stuff, but considering that the main audience are the new parents, i guess it's understandable.