Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
-The was a good street scene. Nice to Prairie on the street; I hope we'll see more of her this season. Oscar's "helping" was classic! Cookie was also funny
Yeah. That was interesting. Sort of like they used the classic Cookie & Prarie bit and incorporated it in a street story.

I must say Leela's opening show was just classic SS at work, I mean even moment was funny and predictable.
Yeah. This was the first I saw of Leela. She seems like a nice addition to the show.

Although is it just me or did Cookie's voice sounded a little different than usual on today's show ?
Hmmmm. Since you mentioned it, it did seem to sound more like Frank Oz's voice. Maybe David is getting better at the role.

Here's something that hasn't been mentioned: How about Zoe, Rosita & Abby's friendship song. That part was alright, but it would have been better if they had kept continuity. They should have had her do it with Big Bird and Snuffy, since those were the first characters she met on the street. Well, actually she met Oscar first, but we won't get into that. For a second there, I was hoping they'd flashback to Abby's first episode. Oh, well. I guess the writers thought it would work better if it were three females singing the song. By the way, is it just my imagination or was Big Bird's pic of Mr. Hooper removed from his nest area? I didn't see it where it usually was, but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough.

Number of the Day: The Count presents today's lottery drawing, the winning number is... 8.
Must be the Transylvanian State Lottery.
Yeah. I get the Pennsylvania Lottery where I live. It would have been neat if the same ladies who sang that theme would have sang 'The Transylvania Lottery,' but I guess people who don't live in PA wouldn't get that.

Leela presents Muppet letter and number sponsors, with a sort of apology from Cookie Monster.
Oh, crap. I missed that part. It would have been nice for once to see CM apologize for his gluttonous habits. Lol. Then again, he just wouldn't be Cookie Monster if he weren't like that. :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, Leela is pretty cute. I like how she has that slight accent when she talks. She really was great in today's episode. We really got to see her shine today.

I guess they didn't want to make her premire episode the first episode of the season, similar to how you can't make the pilot episode of a TV show an origin story. And I gotta say it worked better that it was the fourth episode.

Anyway, It's great that Cookie, Prarie, Oscar, and Bird finally get a street story this season. And I like how they worked the letter of the day segment into the opening, though they had a sepperate one with Big Bird afterward.

And I like the idea of the Count introducing the winning lottery number. though, it would have been much cooler had it been on some sort of Game show type backdrop.

And, dispite being an older one, we get Global Grover again.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
This season looks spectacular, as it incorporates things old school fans enjoy & things new audiences like as well. ^_^ If only they would've included the King of Eight segment for the Number of the Day...But oh well, you can't have everything. XD

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
So far, I have enjoyed the Murray Has a Little Lamb segments. I think it's funny when Ovejita jumps on Murray. Lamb tackles are just funny. Sort of in the same way throwing Muppet chickens is always hilarious.

I thought it was nice having the letter of the day in the opening street scene. But having cookie monster going after an animate, living O was somewhat disturbing... and funny.

It was great to see Leela get an episode to have an introduction and interact with a variety of characters on the street. And I loved Oscar offering to help, only not to come out.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But having cookie monster going after an animate, living O was somewhat disturbing... and funny.
He's went after people--and his fellow Muppets--from time to time. Why, I recall some time ago when he went after Guy Smiley!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
True, but after seeing him eat those letters in past years, I couldn't help but to get visual images of him biting that O to pieces. Poor O.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Loved Today's episode! It was my tried favorite behind the shoes one and the Texas Telly one. The segments felt a little off over all today but it was a solid episode with the highlight being the street story! Like everybody else here said, I loved how they fitted cookies and Prairies bit into the story. Loved the use of multiple characters for the letter and number of the day and loved the ending how Leela was doing the sponsors at the end for her parents. even thouhg you knew it was going to happen, I was glad that she finally got to show something nutty to her folks in the end. Loved the new Count segment today1 I love how it was the letter of the day and they kept it short. I noticed that Count sounded a little off then usually as well. Did anybody noticed how on the "Somebody say O" skit that they edited out the end when the guy says "Somebody say over" and get quite.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What I mean is they change the format every three years of so to something different because of this.
Which is why different humans and different Muppets (sans the standard ones, who've also switched places a time or two) have been seen on the Street various years.