State of the Muppets - An Opinion

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The same would apply for a majority of things, for people may not like change or would like to try new things.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think it's tempting to want them to be as popular as they were in their "heyday." And that would be great, but even the Beatles' "heyday" past. That doesn't mean they're forgotten, on the contrary! I don't mind if the Muppets become super popular again or not, as long as their work continues to be passed down. And I think that's happening. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Indeed. Have a little Muppety faith! For all we know, a majority of people still love the messages Jim taught over the years (and not just here).
I agree, and I REALLY wish folks would act on those lessons learned. Too often people just don't, and it makes the world a less better place. By acting on what Jim hoped to influence with his work, we can all make the world "a little better" by his having been here--his life-long dream!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I think there's a tendancy we all have as human beings to enjoy entertainment (book, movie or otherwise) and feel inspired, but not fully realize the messages are about how to live in your real life, not just enjoying a fantasy. It's like how we learn subjects in school but don't always see how we're going to use them in the real world. It's human nature, but there is hope. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well I think there's a tendancy we all have as human beings to enjoy entertainment (book, movie or otherwise) and feel inspired, but not fully realize the messages are about how to live in your real life, not just enjoying a fantasy. It's like how we learn subjects in school but don't always see how we're going to use them in the real world. It's human nature, but there is hope. :smile:
Unless, you are an english major:smile:. Then you have to take the inner workings of every book to heart to write good essays :coy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Unless, you are an english major:smile:. Then you have to take the inner workings of every book to heart to write good essays :coy:
Lol, how true. And with Comm majors as well, where you get to write a 10 page paper on the significance of the Ninja Turtles! :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Lol, how true. And with Comm majors as well, where you get to write a 10 page pape on the significance of the Ninja Turtles! :smile:
I think more people should major in things like that, it is just good for the mind IMHO :excited:. It makes you think about everything in place of just reading or watching it :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think more people should major in things like that, it is just good for the mind IMHO It makes you think about everything in place of just reading or watching it
Absolutely, it can really open up the mind. I helped with a presentation of Sesame Street once and we analyzed a clip from Don't Eat the Pictures. Seriously, you had to be there, lol.

I wish I'd written more about the Muppets in school. But I suppose my Blog kinda makes up for it, hehe. :wink:

Of course, SOME people have to be doctors and lawyers. :wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And some just have to be actors and performers, for without them, The Muppets as we know them wouldn't exist.