American Express commercial with Jim Henson

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It was a cute little commercial. I enjoyed it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just saw this commercial! WOOO-HOOO!

Floydie was in it :sing:

Redsonga

Reaction score
It was a cute little commercial. I enjoyed it.
*LOL* I did not even know he ever made one like that so for a moment I thought they had made it with some video editing in dubbing, I was shocked:eek:!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Me too. But in a pleasant way, of course.

ngreen522

Reaction score
Whoa, I completely missed this thread and had no idea about this. So, my friend calls me and says, "Jim Henson and the Muppets are in a new American Express commercial" and after I finished squealing, I corrected her by insisting she meant to say "Jim Henson's Muppets" ... cuz clearly Jim's been gone for some 18 years now. So she argued me down, insisting that she knows who Jim Henson is, and he was in this commercial talking about his projects, and she doesn't know how they did it, ..but they did.

So, anyway, I stand corrected, and quite frankly, I'm relieved this didn't turn out to be a "Tupac" situation. :eek:

peyjenk

Reaction score
The same ad campaign uses a nice shot of Jim and the Muppets from that commercial in their print ads. You know, the two-page spread ads in magazines? I've seen it in Time and People these last couple of weeks.

The shot of Jim is just one of several celebrity pictures, but it is very prominent in the design of the ad.

ngreen522

Reaction score
The shot of Jim is just one of several celebrity pictures, but it is very prominent in the design of the ad.
Yeah, I feel the same about the commercial-- how they started and finished it with him. It's almost like they are deliberately pushing the Muppets towards public interest. Wouldn't that be lovely. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
So, anyway, I stand corrected, and quite frankly, I'm relieved this didn't turn out to be a "Tupac" situation. :eek:
I think they were using body doubles for him as he was wearing clothing that was current styles.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, that least his memory is being treated better than Orville Redenbacher's in ads..those are a like bit spooky IMHO :embarrassed: