Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was another one (i think) that was also outdoors and by the water, but that one was with the SS cast, and they were singing about sunshine or water (or both)...don't know if anyone else remembers it or not?
The 40th anniversary book has some images from that. The song is called Water Cantata.

PiLfan

Reaction score
The 40th anniversary book has some images from that. The song is called Water Cantata.
Thanks for the info! I don't have the book yet (have the DVDs), but it's good to know the name of the song.

Also, in memory of the great Lena Horne who just passed away, I think it's appropriate to post some of her appearances on the show:

http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...c7-777dea8a73e7/lena_horne_sings_the_alphabet

http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...-11dd-bb51-597ab51d2e81/lena_horne_bein_green

http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...d-b10a-6119e86ae19b/lena_horne_how_do_you_do_

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I don't have the book yet (have the DVDs), but it's good to know the name of the song.
It's a shame that none of Judy Collins' performances were included on that DVD. Hopefully Water Cantata will be added soon, to either sesamestreet.org, youtube, or hulu. But I don't consider it a "holy grail" (not in the same way as I viewed Henson #1, "There's a Hole in the Bucket", or Telly's debut before they were made available... or even in the way the original People in Your Neighborhood or Rubber Duckie are).

And I already watched Lena Horne's appearances today, in addition to watching her Muppet Show appearance.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The first version of "Up and Down" is at sesamestreet.org. One thing that didn't occur to me until AFTER seeing it at sesamestreet.org (which proves that it was broadcast that way anyway): The version at youtube very well could have been a foreign broadcast with the audio replaced with the album version. It wouldn't have been the first time somebody replaced foreign audio with the album track (other examples include Mad and Octopuses Garden). If that was the case then it could have meant Jim henson didn't perform Herry in it. But considering sesamestreet.org shows the clip that way, it's proof that it was broadcast that way (but then what english episode was the source for the uploaded clip? I wouldn't imagine it being on a post-1970s episode, and it wasn't on any Noggin episodes).

Also, the sesamestreet.org clip is longer than the youtueb clip, featuring the closing dialogue heard on the album (as well as the cookie dropping and Herry eating it).

http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/93f89fbc-38cb-41f0-a2ef-3bf57dcc60d2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't realise until after posting the link that the two clips listed as "Big Bird Goes to Camp: Part 1" and "Big Bird Goes to Camp: Part 2" are practically all of the street scenes from episode 1706 (as far as I could tell all that was missing was the sponsorship announcement), combined into two "clips" (I think this is the first time several parts of a street story were put into one video clip on the site; something similar was doen with the Bert and Ernie subplot from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, but I figure that's the way it was presented in A Sesame Street Christmas Carol).

Hopefully the other parts of that storyline will be added to the site soon. I've noticed in the last several weeks that the site has been adding street stories but not inserts. After uploading several recent stories it's great to see a street story from the original format. I hope that soon they'll add clips from the hawaii episodes, or the episodes from the week Hooper's Store got destroyed and rebuilt, or some rare street stories from the first 15 seasons (like all of Big Bird's number 4 show from season 7, or the episode where Luis and Rafael open the Fix-It Shop, or the season one episode where Big Bird wants to go to daycare). We can only hope.

And I hope they'll add some inserts here and there as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Quite a few clips concerning Mr. Hooper have been added to sesamestreet.org, including the one where the adults explain his death http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...fa89-4831-8eee-c4069a71d229/goodbye_mr_hooper

It's interesting, just recently I wondered if this whole episode would be added anytime soon. And another clip that was added was the scene where Big Bird talks about Hooper to an art collector, and I was just thinking about that scene recently... Could I be psychic?

Somehow I wonder if all these added clips were done because of the "When Families Grieve" special being nominated for an emmy. There's two other clips that were added, which due to subject matter seem a bit depressing considering they just added the one where Big Bird learns about death... One of them involves Big Bird, Gordon, and Bob wondering why Hooper's Store hadn't opened yet, and another which I don't think I've heard of in which Hooper is in the hospital.

dinoboy

Reaction score
more sunny times

I saw those videos and it brought about tons of memories for me. I thought personally that some of my favorite clips I saw from the site should've been included in the Sesame Street old School DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" episode seems to be remasted for the site. The picture looks a bit bright... Big Bird and Forgetful Jones' nose look like they are glowing (the "Just Because" clip as shown on the 40th anniversary DVD isn't as bright).

While it's great that we pretty much get all of the street scenes (it is missing a street scene that was cut on Noggin, but somehow I suspect that might have been a street insert produced earlier), it would be great if all the scenes could be viewed seperately, inc ase people just want to watch certain scenes. As far as I know, on this website you can't just drag to a different point in the video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The episode where the adults see Snuffy for the first time is now at sesamestreet.org, though there's no title or description there yet. I searched "snuffleupagus" and didn't see it in search results. Which means I don't know how to link to it. Right now the only way I know to see it is to click on a video, then switch the sidebar from "related videos" to "recently added". The episode is currently at the top (I hope more "Snuffy-is-imaginary" clips get uplaoded this weekend; Last weekend we got several Mr. Hooper clips added; if any such clips are added then I hope they add the clip where Oscar sees Snuffy for the first time).

EDIT: Found a way to link http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...a3-4fd9-918e-83a32dac3b5e/snuffy_becomes_real