Fix it Shop - Season 39

muppet baby

Reaction score
this should be a whole new therad I have ideas for places that could be on the actual street:

How about a bank - Since SS is supposeed to resemble a real-life street how about having a bank. the concept of being patient could be introduced. ( e.g Zoe could want to go to the plark and play but Gordon could say : sometimes grown-ups have to do things that need to be done first and the bank is important to me , just like you like the park we can go to the park after the bank ) lesson- childern have to wait their turn to go some places They could have a anything Muppet as a teller)

Doctor's office : check-ups could be talked about again, Zoe could need a shot or Big Big could have a hurt wing ) Muppteers/ producers could make guest appperences as Doctors ( Dr. Coooney, Dr. Nelson , Dr. Brill Susan could reprise her nurse role

Bowling Alley: counting by tens could be explored , feeling proud ( after knocking pins down) presistence

Learn a lot School - there are a lot of storyline possibilities here Only this time New places people could be introduced . Principal, (preschoolers may not fully grasp thiis one ) but the principal could show their office ans that they are the leader of the school and they make sure students work and play safely music teacher, Gym , Cafeteria worker , hall minotor

how abou a nursery ( as in plant care place . Care of plants could be discussed Gina and Elmo could buy a plant for Gordon and Suan's Apartment )

These are just cool ideas :smile:
these are wonderul ideas yes i was thinking about this not to long ago i mean making it so that it could resemble real life somewhat i mean it seemed that is what they wanted to do on SS at a lot of the time . I really like what u said about the bank i was geting a picture of Big Bird and grover in my mind going in and geting money to spend at the resterant. I also was thinking of telly and baby bear going in and geting money to go get breakfast together :wink: that really would have been neat to see that :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
these are wonderul ideas yes i was thinking about this not to long ago i mean making it so that it could resemble real life somewhat i mean it seemed that is what they wanted to do on SS at a lot of the time
Doing so would make the characters even more relatable.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
One thing I want to mention that the episode that's scheduled for today is one that's based on Maria, so maybe there will be some mention on whether or not she's still at the Fix-It Shop or wherever else she might be working. On the other hand, the way PBS has been messing with the scheduled time new episodes are supposed to air we might not see that one until October or November.

Anyway, I liked the ideas that were mentioned before. I think what they need is another 'Around the Corner' set like they had in the 90s. That way they can keep Hooper's and the Fix-It Shop back where they had been. Then the laundromat and the other businesses could be down that way. Something to think about.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. Plus, it makes the Street seem more real.

Erine81981

Reaction score
One thing I want to mention that the episode that's scheduled for today is one that's based on Maria, so maybe there will be some mention on whether or not she's still at the Fix-It Shop or wherever else she might be working. On the other hand, the way PBS has been messing with the scheduled time new episodes are supposed to air we might not see that one until October or November.

Anyway, I liked the ideas that were mentioned before. I think what they need is another 'Around the Corner' set like they had in the 90s. That way they can keep Hooper's and the Fix-It Shop back where they had been. Then the laundromat and the other businesses could be down that way. Something to think about.
I agree too Daffy. That way they could have a little more interaction with some of the other reseidents of the show. Have another family living around the corner who has a pet Lion or pet Monster that live with them. I would think that might be cool to see a character or an actor or actress with a Muppet as a roomie or pet living with them.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It'd be just like the Dorms game being referenced, Kyle! ^_^

FatBlueMuppet

Reaction score
The Fix it Shop wasn't seen at all this year. But there was an episode where Maria was carrying a Toaster, and headed down passed the Laundromat. So they probably moved it to an offscreen area. They'll probably still mention it on the show, but won't show it anymore.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The Fix it Shop wasn't seen at all this year. But there was an episode where Maria was carrying a Toaster, and headed down passed the Laundromat. So they probably moved it to an offscreen area. They'll probably still mention it on the show, but won't show it anymore.
Well you can see it a few times but not clearly. But it is still there.