Fraggle Rock Complete Box Set Amazon Sales Rank

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, the opposite is more likely true. If it doesn't do well, then we should worry. Franchises are thought of as brands, and if the "brand" doesn't sell, future items are at risk.

Now as for the ranking, I think those are pretty decent numbers considering this set is nearly three times the cost of a single season.

If it was $30-35 like the season sets, it would almost certainly rank higher.
Yeah I agree more with this, lack of sales could lead to no future projects. And yes, I wouldn't expect any large box set to rank as high as a less expensive one.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Actually, the opposite is more likely true. If it doesn't do well, then we should worry. Franchises are thought of as brands, and if the "brand" doesn't sell, future items are at risk.

Now as for the ranking, I think those are pretty decent numbers considering this set is nearly three times the cost of a single season.

If it was $30-35 like the season sets, it would almost certainly rank higher.
It seems a bit silly to act as if this full series is a make or brake thing for getting a single season four when they already have seen how well the single sets sold before they put them into a big box and asked people to buy them again...It's not as if those good sales never happened IMHO:sympathy:.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
It seems a bit silly to act as if this full series is a make or brake thing for getting a single season four when they already have seen how well the single sets sold before they put them into a big box and asked people to buy them again...It's not as if those good sales never happened IMHO:sympathy:.
Of course, and they continue to make money from ongoing sales of those individual seasons (which supports the brand).

Every situation is different, but generally a new item needs to sell well to allow for future releases.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Of course, and they continue to make money from ongoing sales of those individual seasons (which supports the brand).

Every situation is different, but generally a new item needs to sell well to allow for future releases.
But the the thing is that most of the series set is not a new item, so it can't really be treated like something brand new and sparkly that they just released like something else might have:coy:. Like, if they were to make...I dunno, a new series of fraggle shorts, and it didn't sell, then that would be a reason to be afraid :embarrassed:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
After two weeks, it's still hanging around the 1,000 mark. Currently at #1,111.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I hope they understand why this is. It's this sort of marketing cynicism that is killing profits for these products. Sure, there's some quick cash, but there would be more in the long run with current and future offerings if Hit and others would just be level with their customers. There seems to be this unfriendly "take it or leave it" sort of spirit with so many collector oriented companies these days. :sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I hope they understand why this is. It's this sort of marketing cynicism that is killing profits for these products. Sure, there's some quick cash, but there would be more in the long run with current and future offerings if Hit and others would just be level with their customers. There seems to be this unfriendly "take it or leave it" sort of spirit with so many collector oriented companies these days. :sympathy:
I know, just because we are collectors is no reason to think we can't be picky...Or at least want things to be made the right way. I mean if they treated us nicely they would see that we really are'nt the sort of people that find something wrong in things for no reason :frown:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Actually, I was figuring it was selling pretty well. Especially when you consider it's $90 (compared to $30 for a season set).

Not only is it the collector's end of things, but HIT should consider how Fraggle consumers may also be present or future parents. People will remember incidents like this when choosing non-Henson titles down the line for their children.