Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

Drtooth

Reaction score
I could totally see something like that.

Now, here's what I wanna know... if the Joker's around, will he be an unseen menace, like Frogboy suggested, or will he be recast? I feel the former works better, as a tribute to Heath... and if the Penguin and Riddler are also there, I feel it would be pretty cluttered with 3 villains (Since the others had around 2... Scarecrow was mentioned... don't know if that was really him)

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But with this probably being the last Nolan Batman, having more villains could work (just as it did for Spiderman).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
greenlite, I like your ideas, though I think I'll have a face palm moment if there is too much focus on Bruce not having a girlfriend. There are just too many angsty superheros who can't keep a girlfriend out there and it gets old after a while.

But with this probably being the last Nolan Batman, having more villains could work (just as it did for Spiderman).
Wait? Are you talking about Spiderman 3? Cause I heard alot of people say it was disappointing because there were too many villains.

I think that with good writing, it could work... But I just don't know.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Are you talking about Spiderman 3? Cause I heard alot of people say it was disappointing because there were too many villains.[/
But it still drew money & that's the focus of corporate business, for the most part. Plus, it is going to have another sequel, supposedly, whereas this third film will--in all likelihood--be Nolan's last run with The Caped Crusader.

Redsonga

Reaction score
greenlite, I like your ideas, though I think I'll have a face palm moment if there is too much focus on Bruce not having a girlfriend. There are just too many angsty superheros who can't keep a girlfriend out there and it gets old after a while.
Despite the fact that if they were real there would be a fangirl mob six feet deep wanting them *gets in line for Spider-Man, pre-Spider-Man 3*

For me it was not the villains that ruined Spider-Man 3, it was Peter himself..Honestly, it was suppose to make him truly evil, not a member of a emo rock band :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Despite the fact that if they were real there would be a fangirl mob six feet deep wanting them *gets in line for Spider-Man, pre-Spider-Man 3*
That applies to a lot of fictional characters, not just superheroes, though. And it applies to fanboys with female characters, as well.

Redsonga

Reaction score
That applies to a lot of fictional characters, not just superheroes, though. And it applies to fanboys with female characters, as well.
I know, but superheros seem to have a lot more of the 'woe is me no one could love a hero/monster/geek/crazy person' storylines :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know, but superheros seem to have a lot more of the 'woe is me no one could love a hero/monster/geek/crazy person' storylines :coy:
Point taken. I think that has something to do with who writes the storyline & who edits it, as well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...in Spiderman 3, he DID have a fangirl mob, but they only wanted him for superficial reasons...No one loved him the way he needed to be loved, except Mary-Jane.

I think the purpose of Venom making him more Emo than Evil...was that it would be easier for the audience to identify with the change, because it's something that we can see happen to all of our own friends when they become popular or change themselves to fit in.

I've always felt that Spiderman in particular was geared towards an emotional storyline, rather than an epic good vs evil storyline.

Bea:zany:{Personally, I'd rather turn evil than emo...or elmo...}regard