Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know that Adam West's Batman has had his day in the sun, but Adam West was the original Batman(Not counting the original black and white ones of course) I personally think that if anything Nolan should put him in the next movie as an uncle or as the dad of a villain or something like that. Maybe even a villain, that would be unexpected. Maybe he could be a new villain who had a vendetta against his family and won't rest until they're all dead or something. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Daniel
I wouldn't oppose that. I think it would be nice to at least give West a Stan Lee sort of walk-on for the next Batman picture. I still don't see West's Batman as an actual Batman. I see him more as good, fun parody. I know others may disagree. I do know Bob Kane reportedly wasn't much of a fan of that telling except for the Batmobile and the fact that the show was keeping his creation alive to some extent. But apparently there are a lot of colorful Bob Kane stories.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Perhaps we could have the villains mock The Bat by watching a snipet of the old West show (in a reference of sorts)?

Teheheman

Reaction score
OR have him pass by a TV when they're talking about Batman and go "Eh, it's been done" and just walk away.

Daniel

RedPiggy

Reaction score
wwfpooh said:
Perhaps we could have the villains mock The Bat by watching a snipet of the old West show (in a reference of sorts)?
Or have West be one of the Bat-wannabe's, posting funny crap on youtube....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know that Adam West's Batman has had his day in the sun, but Adam West was the original Batman(Not counting the original black and white ones of course) I personally think that if anything Nolan should put him in the next movie as an uncle or as the dad of a villain or something like that. Maybe even a villain, that would be unexpected. Maybe he could be a new villain who had a vendetta against his family and won't rest until they're all dead or something. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Daniel

Well, he didn't technically originate the role of Batman... there were a series of theatrical serials (which are avaialable on DVD) in the 1940's. but Adam DID popularize the Batman role. The 1960's show was a way to popularize the character and it gave him the mainstream exposure that tghe comic books couldn't. And it eventually worked into multiple cartoon series... 2 from Filmation... and of course, the Super Friends. It wasn't until Burton's movie that the dark aspects of Batman were made mainstream. Then it was a main part of the franchise... especially with Batman TAS.

But then I say there are so many ways to interpret a comic book. Spider-Man can be the dark, brooding teen/20 year old that everyone hates, but still works as a superhero for a greater good... or he can be on Electric Company fighting a Yeti that likes to sit on Ice Cream.

Even Superman gets pretty dark for what it is. Batman lost his parents... Superman lost his planet. They both have some baggage there. Though I don't know exactly how Bats was portrayed in Justice League (I prefer the Bat to work alone... which is why I didn't like the fifth season on The Batman all that much- especially since the guest star took over the show, and Batman played second half the time)...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Even Superman gets pretty dark for what it is.
Such is always the way with comic heroes, man or woman. Heck, Superman's lost his planet and numerous heroes have lost their parents to dangerous circumstances, but I'd hate to be Raven, considering that her daddy literally is the Titan equivalent to Satan!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Adam West did take a villainous turn, portraying Dr. Noah Goddard, better known as Breathtaker in the Black Scorpion series waaaaaaay back on Sci-Fi.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Even Superman gets pretty dark for what it is. Batman lost his parents... Superman lost his planet. They both have some baggage there. Though I don't know exactly how Bats was portrayed in Justice League (I prefer the Bat to work alone... which is why I didn't like the fifth season on The Batman all that much- especially since the guest star took over the show, and Batman played second half the time)...
I felt that Batman being part of the Justice League worked. (At least as far as the animated series is concerned. I can't speak for the comics) Even though he was part of the team, he didn't seem so... dedicated to it. There was at least one time that the rest of the league asked him for help and he turned them down. I actually thought that some aspects of his personality came across even better there than in Batman the animated series. Overall though, I see the Justice League Unlimited (especially the Cadmus arch) to be a well writen series and I think that the way Batman comes across is thanks to the good writing.