Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

Drtooth

Reaction score
Such is always the way with comic heroes, man or woman. Heck, Superman's lost his planet and numerous heroes have lost their parents to dangerous circumstances,
Even The light hearted The Tick had some tragic stuff in his past... let's just say, failed marriage, since his wife didn't understand his oddness....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Me personally, I'd prefer Bruce to be alone. Yes, a certain Boy Wonder did give him a sidekick and someone to really talk to, and being in the League certainly elevated his standing (even though I prefered the original 7 to all the other added characters), but Bats is at his best when alone, honestly.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I prefer Bruce on his own (and for that matter, in Gotham City) as well, but I don't think that being a part of the League hurt his character.

At least it wasn't like that Superfriends show from back in the day. :rolleyes: That gives me the shivers when I see it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Bob Kane reportedly preferred Batman to be a loner too. I suspect Warner Brothers to continue making Batman movies even after Nolan and Bale have left. That would be when they'd bring in Robin like last time. I just don't like the idea of Robin in this telling.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I still think that Robin would work...but he'd have to go straight to Nightwinghood. He'd be like an alternate hero, like the White Knight that became Two-face. Nightwing would be like a Bat-fan who starts out alone.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I still think that Robin would work...but he'd have to go straight to Nightwinghood. He'd be like an alternate hero, like the White Knight that became Two-face. Nightwing would be like a Bat-fan who starts out alone.
I kind of agree here. Nightwing would work in the Nolan films, but Robin wouldn't. Sadly, it would be kind of difficult to go straight into Nightwing unless you started with a very brief Robin backstory that happened in between movies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bob Kane reportedly preferred Batman to be a loner too. I suspect Warner Brothers to continue making Batman movies even after Nolan and Bale have left. That would be when they'd bring in Robin like last time. I just don't like the idea of Robin in this telling.

I wouldn't upset the apple cart this time, if I were Warners.... If Nolan and Bale both Bale out, they should let the Batman Franchise rest a few years and start all over with a different tone.

Look at what happened when Tim Burton and Michael Keaton left... we got a German Mr. Freeze.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Well, he didn't technically originate the role of Batman... there were a series of theatrical serials (which are avaialable on DVD) in the 1940's. but Adam DID popularize the Batman role. The 1960's show was a way to popularize the character and it gave him the mainstream exposure that tghe comic books couldn't. And it eventually worked into multiple cartoon series... 2 from Filmation... and of course, the Super Friends. It wasn't until Burton's movie that the dark aspects of Batman were made mainstream. Then it was a main part of the franchise... especially with Batman TAS.
Don't forget multiple ScoobyDoo cameos.

greenlite

Reaction score
Ok. This is what I think can work in the next movie. What do you guys think?

What we have now:

• Dent & Dawes are dead, Gotham has no DA.
  • Jim Gordon is hunting down Batman
  • Joker’s still alive
  • Some accountant knows Batman’s identity
Gotham is in mourning for Dent’s death.

There’s a re-election for Gotham’s new DA

One candidate is branding himself as Dent’s successor, and he’s using “hunt down the Batman” as the election topic, thus exerting extreme pressure on Gordon.

Gordon struggles to pretend hunting Batman while fighting politicians, Gotham’s people, and his cops.

The Penguin is the other candidate (let’s use him as a smart DA rather than a chubby mayor wannabe). He has close ties with the Joker and criminals etc. Tries to take over the DA spot and control the city.

The Riddler becomes the new hero as he solves various mysteries. Then he finds out about Two-Face. Gives the info to Penguin, and destroys Gotham City’s morale.

Penguin wins the election. Releases criminals. Batman comes out and fight them.

I am not sure how to put a character into the Riddler. Like the first 2 films, the villains still carry out their “justice” with their own methods.

Possibly the Riddler works his *** off to help the police to fight criminals then finds out either nothing gets done or everyone’s corrupted (Dent turning Two-Face, Batman kills Dent). So he decides the best way is to grab total control of power to restore order.

By doing that he hunts down Penguin, Gordon, Joker, Batman, becomes the new terror in the city.

So he’s got Ra’s sense of justice and Joker’s “sending out a message” attitude.

And after he knocks down all the villains, Batman defeats him, becomes the new symbol of Gotham, restore the metal projector on the roof-top. The city is safe, and the franchise finishes with Batman on top! And no villains^^

P.S. There needs to be a tragedy as well to make the film more realistic…maybe Bruce Wayne still doesn’t have a girlfriend can be the tragedy?