Any news on Sesame Street Old School Vol. 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetwannabe

Reaction score
Snuffy is still around! He was just on an episode this season. Big Bird and Snuffy's Talent Show. I haven't seen Alice in awhile except I did see her in The Thanksgiving parade two years ago. I have noticed inconsistancies when the characters talk about the past example,Maria says that she and Luis went to Hawaii on there honeymoon when actually they went camping. and On the 35th aniversery special were Grover shows Elmo the Sesame street before he was born. He shows Elmo Maria and Luis's wedding and Elmo is Standing next to Maria as the Ring Bearer! I am wondering though, is there going to be a Sesame street old School Volume three? does anyone know for sure and does anyone know when it will be released?

ssetta

Reaction score
You know this for a fact? How did you find out?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. ssetta, if you mean the 40th commerative 2-disc set... It was reported both on Muppet Wiki and the Muppet News Flash as among the slate of new DVD releases from Sesame Workshop next year, to be released in November 2009. Hope this helps. :search:

ssetta

Reaction score
We have to wait that long? OMG! Don't you mean November 2008?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nooooo. :batty: Nowember 10 2008 is Sesame's 39th birthday, Nowember 10 2009 is their 40th. I love calendar calculations too!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It sounds technically like we're not going to get an Old School vol 3 per se, but a commemorative set. I can't say I'm not disappointed (since they did such a wonderful job with the OS sets). And I really hope the 40th anniversary set isn't bogged down with stuff we've arleady seen before, and millions of celebrity appearances, instead of key SS memories...

Still... I think we should contact SW and tell them we want to continue with the OS series.

ISNorden

Reaction score
It sounds technically like we're not going to get an Old School vol 3 per se, but a commemorative set. I can't say I'm not disappointed (since they did such a wonderful job with the OS sets). And I really hope the 40th anniversary set isn't bogged down with stuff we've arleady seen before, and millions of celebrity appearances, instead of key SS memories...

Still... I think we should contact SW and tell them we want to continue with the OS series.
Absolutely! I may have grown up in the Volume 1/Volume 2 years, but fans who saw Big Bird cry over Mr. Hooper when they were in kindergarten deserve to have their own "real" Old School collection. The only trouble is, what would it take for Sesame Workshop to set aside the money and time for a new DVD set that they hadn't planned?

Da Dogster

Reaction score
I know the 40th anniversary DVD is coming out next year. One side conicals the first 20 years and the second side has moments and segments from the next twenty.
How did you find out? where can I get the info?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still wonder... whatever happened to the "Hawaiian Holiday" episodes that Buffy supposedly signed off her appearance for?

Does anyone have any info on that, or if it's indeed going to happen?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I still wonder... whatever happened to the "Hawaiian Holiday" episodes that Buffy supposedly signed off her appearance for?

Does anyone have any info on that, or if it's indeed going to happen?
If worst comes to worst, I can contact the reporter in Honolulu who gave me that information and see whether she's learned anything more. Keep your fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.