TV Comeback for Muppets?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Huh. That's VERY interesting... I definitely could see it happening if the movie is popular enough--but I doubt Segal would be signed on to write the show too, but who knows! Stranger things have happened! I don't know how much of this I actually believe... but either way, the movie's not due out until 2010, so we've got awhile to figure out if this is true or not.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Especially since there are also rumors swirling about saying the movie's been delayed or outright cancelled. Plus, IMDB is pretty unreliable anyhow, considering that it is just as inaccurate as Wikipedia can be (maybe even moreso).

peyjenk

Reaction score
I just saw that, too! (as ashamed as I am to admit that I sometimes read IMDB's news page.....)

Anyway, just in case it disappears from Gorgon Heap's link, here is the text of the blurb:

Cult kids classic The Muppet Show is set to return to TV screens after 27 years.

The popular puppet programme - featuring Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy - is being made into a Disney film, due to be written and directed by actor Jason Segel.

And it is rumoured that the movie will pave the way for a new television series of The Muppet Show - the first since 1981.

A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Jason is a massive Muppets fan and is seen as the man to finally bring The Muppet Show back to TV.

"It will obviously have all its old fans but Jason's comedy is hugely popular with youngsters so it will open it up to a whole new audience."

The source adds: "If the movie script is popular, Jason will write the TV series too."

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I just hope the script is well-done.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well till i hear about this canceling of the movie or anything else i won't believe it at all.