Puppet Heap is Hiring

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Aw, if only I was on the other side of the country! Lol! Not that I have any "real" experience, but it would be really cool to at least check out.

rtgentry

Reaction score
it's sad that now adays this is all that is being discussed in the puppetry forum. I miss the good ole days when you could actually expect to see or read something cool about puppetry.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Ah, ok; before you all go blindly down the yellow brick road; have you seen the way the Muppet Show characters have looked in the past three years since PH started building them? Disney decided to cheap out because Henson charges about $10k too much for Di$ney to spend, because ya know Di$ney is scraping for money.. lol... Anyway, the quality of these characters is now crap. Have you seen the new Piggy? Compare that Piggy to a Piggy built lets say back in the late 80's or even throughout the 90's.... ok now look at the new one. Any difference? Look at any of the characters and you will seem some flaw and adjustment that was made, and not to better the character
Wow, seem to have an ax to grind dont you

I know many of the Puppet heap Builders Personally, and have worked with many of them, and a large number of them are former Henson Company Builders and Freelancers, and i can say The Characters look just as good as they always have and the quality is Top Notch, they are doing Just as good a Job as the Henson company did in the past they,

No i have not worked thier, would love to someday, miss working on the old school muppet's But if your going to slam a compnay , perhaps you should no of what you speak first.

Im not fond of random people Bashing the work of my Friends and Peers.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Never noticed your work before ravagefrackle! Nice work! ! !

muppetinsider

Reaction score
The new Piggy looks horrible; just search the forums and you will see most of these same people saying the same thing.
Di$sney has cheaped out and went with another company, the end result is obvious.
Looking at things through rose colored glasses only lasts for so long guys; come on, wake up. You get what you pay for. You buy cheap, you get cheap looking.

Jinx

Reaction score
Well, we should certainly take your word for it! You're an insider after all... you must know what Disney's budgets are, etc... and yet that has not been substantiated in any way now, has it?

I think the new Piggy looks different. Not necessarily better or worse, but yes, she's a bit different. But ALL of the long-lasting characters have undergone changes over the years. Just part of the natural progression of things. But just because YOU don't care for them doesn't make them bad.

Ah, but I keep forgetting, it's all about YOU now, isn't it? You and "most of these same people" whoever they are.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok I'm getting tired of all this fighting. What is the deal here anyways?We have a newer member dissagreeing with evryone,and everyone else is fighting back. This is not what this forum or the mesage that Jim Henson trid to show us. The iedah of this thread was that if anyone was interested in this kind work, that maybe this would be a place to start. Ya know, get out there and show people what you can do. You have to start somewhere Right?
Look lets all try and get along here. This is a place of friendship, shareing and careing for one another. So please lets play nicely