1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Puppet Heap is Hiring

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MGov

MGov New Member

Yeah! Cause costuming has NOTHING to do with puppet building!

If you let them get away with this, then the next thing you know, they will want you to sew! And glue! And heavens forbid, they might eventually want you to create!

:rolleyes:

"Muppetinsider", please pick one argument. Either it isn't worth the money or it's too far away or it isn't a puppet building job or Puppet Heap is the devil incarnate.

Just want to stay organized.
  2. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

Puppet building isn't something so narrowly defined as building the body of the puppet itself; it encompasses all aspects of the creation of the puppet, and building the outfits COMPLETELY fits.

And, if I may put it less eloquently than Andrew has...

Put up or shut up, muppetinsider.
  3. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Is the numerical value of "Puppet Heap" 666? :p
  4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Cute. Cute joke. :)

While I'm not big on all of Puppet Heap's Muppet work, I think some of their other puppets are absolutely beautiful! They do some interesting things there.

Thanks for posting this, Andrew. If I were a little closer to the city, I might think about applying.
  5. biblebetty

biblebetty New Member

He's a grumpy little guy, Hey insider you need to lighten up:)
  6. muppetinsider

muppetinsider New Member

LOL.. I love how everyone gets so mighty behind their keyboards on these forums.
    Anyway, Puppet Heap does some ok work, nothing that exciting. And you're not going to get to "sew" or "glue" after they let you go after hot-gluing sequences onto fabric. Just doesn't work that way guys. It's a low-key gig, if you got nothing else to do, I guess give it a try, it's a couple of paychecks.
    But hey, give it a shot; Best of luck to all!
    :):);)
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I don't mean to be rude, but to come on here and insult people for trying to share some puppet-related information, whether you feel strongly about Puppet Heap or not, isn't very nice.

I hope you will be able to get along with the forum members here in the future, but it would make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone if you were a little kinder in the way you say things, and try to avoid being exclusively negative.
  8. muppetinsider

muppetinsider New Member

As I said; Best of luck to all!:)
  9. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Notice MuppetInsider still hasn't answered the question about their puppet building experience to back up their argument.......;)

I think it's very cool that we have a forum like this to post jobs such as these out to the public. Most people wouldn't even know about half of these opportunities if people like Andrew weren't posting about them.

By the way, Andrew if you're reading, I visit your Puppet Blog site daily. I don't build puppets, or perform them, but I was a former intern at Henson and have a love for the art of puppetry so I enjoy reading about all facets of the industry and what other studios are doing.
  10. It's here because people really wanting to get into this line of work might want to just do an artisan gig for a puppetry company, the same way film students might want to get work just being a grip on a movie set. It's experience with an already established company.

As for everything else you've said, I think this cat macro best sums up what everyone here is thinking.
  11. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

12. biblebetty

biblebetty New Member

Hey practicecactus I like it! LOL!:D
  13. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Aw, if only I was on the other side of the country! Lol! Not that I have any "real" experience, but it would be really cool to at least check out.
  14. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

it's sad that now adays this is all that is being discussed in the puppetry forum. I miss the good ole days when you could actually expect to see or read something cool about puppetry.
  15. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Aw Practicecactus, dat iz not vry nice, but teh kitteh iz cute. ;)
  16. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

Wow, seem to have an ax to grind dont you

I know many of the Puppet heap Builders Personally, and have worked with many of them, and a large number of them are former Henson Company Builders and Freelancers, and i can say The Characters look just as good as they always have and the quality is Top Notch, they are doing Just as good a Job as the Henson company did in the past they,

No i have not worked thier, would love to someday, miss working on the old school muppet's But if your going to slam a compnay , perhaps you should no of what you speak first.

Im not fond of random people Bashing the work of my Friends and Peers.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Never noticed your work before ravagefrackle! Nice work! ! !
  18. muppetinsider

muppetinsider New Member

The new Piggy looks horrible; just search the forums and you will see most of these same people saying the same thing.
    Di$sney has cheaped out and went with another company, the end result is obvious.
    Looking at things through rose colored glasses only lasts for so long guys; come on, wake up. You get what you pay for. You buy cheap, you get cheap looking.
  19. Jinx

Jinx Member

Well, we should certainly take your word for it! You're an insider after all... you must know what Disney's budgets are, etc... and yet that has not been substantiated in any way now, has it?

I think the new Piggy looks different. Not necessarily better or worse, but yes, she's a bit different. But ALL of the long-lasting characters have undergone changes over the years. Just part of the natural progression of things. But just because YOU don't care for them doesn't make them bad.

Ah, but I keep forgetting, it's all about YOU now, isn't it? You and "most of these same people" whoever they are.
  20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ok I'm getting tired of all this fighting. What is the deal here anyways?We have a newer member dissagreeing with evryone,and everyone else is fighting back. This is not what this forum or the mesage that Jim Henson trid to show us. The iedah of this thread was that if anyone was interested in this kind work, that maybe this would be a place to start. Ya know, get out there and show people what you can do. You have to start somewhere Right?
    Look lets all try and get along here. This is a place of friendship, shareing and careing for one another. So please lets play nicely