The missing season 4 episodes are being put up on youtube...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Actually, these days just about all writers, directors, company heads, etc (anyone involved in the creative or decision making process) never read fan-fiction precisely because of the all-too-real fear that they could be accused of plaigerism if they come up with a similar idea. (This is the same reason why they don't read unsolicited scripts/pitches). When you're talking several-figure lawsuits, it's very rare that you'll even find a professional writer that will touch fan-fiction with a two-inch pencil.

I wonder about the published writers that write fanfic then (I do know a couple) :coy:. I mean, of course many of them could be doing it and not telling anyone...

Anyway, it is hard to do anything even if a professional writer did copy your fanfic IMHO...I mean, could we really use our fanwork as something that would stand any chance against a big company and win?:sympathy:

I posted more songs:smile:!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't think it's likely at all to sue a big company and win over fan work, but I am sure they don't want to worry about legal fees over something so trivial.

And it's true in many fields as far as unsolicited submissions are concerned. That's why you are more likely to have an amateur your idea rather than a company or big time creator.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've always wondered about that as well, since technically we don't own the canon characters anyway. That's why I try to make mine so complicated ... so there is no question that it came from my own warped little mind. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have no doubt my ideas have been thought of before (they're nothing all that amazing) , but it is a good thing for me as far as the internet goes no one before me decided to write them down :wink:. And even if they had the way two people write a story is almost sure to be different, even with the same idea :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Indeed. A lot my English assignments in high school involved re-writing a story in a different way.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
One of my professors once told my class, once you get down to the bare bones, most stories have probably already been told. You just have to figure out a way to tell a story in a way that is fresh and unique and will appeal to its audience.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's true, so we might as well just enjoy writing for it's own sake :smile:.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Indeed. There's something to be said about enjoying the foundations of storytelling and themes that have been used in storytelling since what I assume have been around since the dawn of storytelling.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Indeed. There's something to be said about enjoying the foundations of storytelling and themes that have been used in storytelling since what I assume have been around since the dawn of storytelling.
I guess it is just a part of being human :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. A lot fanmade things ultilize already-done ideas. For instance, the TBLT gang was humanized a lot in fanart pics on DA, as depicted thusly here & here.