Character changes?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And since the main babies were the only ones being merchandised, Busen and Beaker should've stayed, in my honest opinion.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Replacing characters couldn't have been about the merchandising... I mean, the main merchandise was Baby Kermit, Piggy, Sometimes Fozzie, Rowlf, and Gonzo. Occassionally Animal... rarely Scooter and Skeeter... no one else was made into figures or plush or anything.
Actually, on a side note, I think I've seen much more merchandising with Baby Animal than I have with Baby Rowlf. Baby Animal, along with Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo, seemed to make up the "main 5" of the Muppet Babies after awhile. This trend I've noticed has carried over to the marketing of their adult forms as well.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Poor Rowlf. He's getting left out. But at least, he still sporadically appears, unlike Scooter, who hasn't been seen much since Richard's passing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, on a side note, I think I've seen much more merchandising with Baby Animal than I have with Baby Rowlf. Baby Animal, along with Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo, seemed to make up the "main 5" of the Muppet Babies after awhile. This trend I've noticed has carried over to the marketing of their adult forms as well.
I dunno... I remember having a Hasbro Rowlf, and not seeing that much baby Animal stuff... All I know is that he was in the Happy Meal as a Canadian exclusive figure... but that's not the point.

On that subject, did Animal have any major changes aside from the voice actor change? If there were, I didn't notice them...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
He didn't have his chain or his drum set yet...XD

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
There's also the fact that Animal and Gonzo were closer here when they are hardly even seen together in any other show or movie. In a way, Gonzo took over the Floyd caretaker role for Animal.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There's also the fact that Animal and Gonzo were closer here when they are hardly even seen together in any other show or movie. In a way, Gonzo took over the Floyd caretaker role for Animal.
And in a way, Animal was what Rizzo is now.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Actually, I got sorta confused and was thinking of Character Changes in the show...

Anyway, other than the fact he was a lot sweeter and more innocent and Baby like, he basically stayed the same. Other than the Gonzo thing.....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's odd that the show's entitled Muppet Babies, and yet, the babies seem more like toddlers (as they can walk, talk, and imagine rather well) and Janice--when she arrived--seemed more like a 8-10 year old, considering her reading skill.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Toddlers doesn't have the same punch when you add it to the title. And personally, Janice seems more like a 4-5 year old... and I'm pretty sure she's lying about reading... cuz there's no rock concert in Peter Rabbit...