Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s been in the pre-production stages for awhile, but shooting is now underway for the new Muppet Christmas special “Letters to Santa” set to air on NBC this holiday season.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2008/090808.shtml

The Muppets have always been a treasured part of the holidays for generations so it’s wonderful to see the Classic characters returning to one of the things they do best. It will also be exciting to hear new Muppet Christmas music from Paul Williams.

Discuss away...

Beauregard

Reaction score
WOW! This is really happening people! There's even a photo out already, with a brilliant picture of Piggy in red. Glorious. Love it. And if we get this much news (and a photo already!) for a Christmas Special, what can we expect for the next Movie when it's made? I am seriously excited.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, well that will be interesting to see! :smile:

Just hope the Sopranos guys keep the stereotyping in check (their thing on SS wasn't so bad). :wink:

But anyway, I'll check it out! Christmas is a time for hope. :smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I am excited but somwhat skeptical. Are they playing it this Chirstmas? I was really disappointed in the Elmo special last year and just worry when something like this is rushed. Of course any muppets is better than no muppets.:embarrassed:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This would be a great idea, but I'm feeling skeptical too. After all, they have previously planned 'Kermit's Christmas Capers' and 'America's Next Muppet' and those didn't happen. I guess we'll have to wait to get more info on whether or not this is really set to air.

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Very excited about this one. I think A Verry Merry Muppet Christmas was the best thing the Muppets had done in a long time so I'm feeling optimistic here. I just hope it gets a UK airing.

ngreen522

Reaction score
aw, man! I really want to be there ....
*thinking about caling out sick and hopping on a bus to NY*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Christmas is my favorite season, so now I'm looking forward to it even more! This has just been a great year for Muppet fans!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Very excited about this one. I think A Verry Merry Muppet Christmas was the best thing the Muppets had done in a long time so I'm feeling optimistic here. I just hope it gets a UK airing.
You kidding? It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie was TERRIBLE!

But that's besides the point... any chance of Disney keeping their promise about THIS?

Robin

Reaction score
This sounds interesting... Paul Williams? Good! Lets hope the writing is better than that DC trash last month.... Come on Muppets! I want to see some of that old magic! I love you guys! oh and Merry Christmas!