Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is what I have so far from the TP and IMDB info.

Kermit, Rizzo, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Bean Bunny, Clifford, Sal, (likely Johnny) Pepe, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Camilla, Gonzo, Animal, Zoot, Janice, (likely Floyd and Teeth) Sweetums, Scooter, Sam and Bobo. The missing ones thus far appear to be Swedish Chef and Rowlf, but I am certain they’ll be in it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
SCOOTER! :smile: I sure hope they hired Rickey Boyd to perform him. He was awesome in MWoO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Drtooth makes a good point. Yes, we will inevitably be judging the special based on how it stands with some older material, but just because it isn't the older material doesn't mean it can't be awesome. Many people regard MFC as the best production to ever come out of Henson--it's going to be hard for this specail to top that, and I don't think it's trying to. I'm just interested to see if it can stand on its own within the Muppet-verse as a funny, charming, special full of heart, and so far I'm getting that impression.
Exactly... that and the John Denver one (as Frogboy said) will never be duplicated or emulated. And it is impossible to compair work done by Henson and Post Henson Muppets. The Post Muppets have been enjoyable, but lacking a certain quality. I want to see them try harder to attain that sort of quality, in the respect that having the exact quality is a daunting task. Especially since MFC is one of the most iconic Muppet projects out there.

It's sort of (but not quite) compairing the classic Looney Tunes cartoons vs their TV cartoon counterparts. Sure, the TV ones lose hands down, but that doesn't mean they have their own special traits that make them enjoyable on a different level.

I'm just hoping this one remains a lot more timeless than the Simpson-y VMX was. I loved VMX and all, but it doesn't quite have the rewatchability as MFC. of course, I blame that, myself, on the fact it was a telefilm, and not an hour special.

ploobis

Reaction score
This is what I have so far from the TP and IMDB info.

Kermit, Rizzo, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Bean Bunny, Clifford, Sal, (likely Johnny) Pepe, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Camilla, Gonzo, Animal, Zoot, Janice, (likely Floyd and Teeth) Sweetums, Scooter, Sam and Bobo. The missing ones thus far appear to be Swedish Chef and Rowlf, but I am certain they’ll be in it.
Don't forget about Big Mean Carl. :wink:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I just hope Rowlf is...wait a minute! What am I saying? He may not be in the the Christmas special. Man, the muppeteers are so fickle. Maybe, he'll make a comeback in the new movie.

matleo

Reaction score
Rowlf is in the X-mas special. I don't know how much he's in it but tv.com has pics form the special and Rowlf is in at least one of them. the only core character I haven't seen mentioned yet is Chef, but I can't imagine a Muppet special w/o him.

--Matt

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Rowlf is in the X-mas special. I don't know how much he's in it but tv.com has pics form the special and Rowlf is in at least one of them. the only core character I haven't seen mentioned yet is Chef, but I can't imagine a Muppet special w/o him.

--Matt
You're right! I checked and he is in. YAY! Oh he looks so cute in the Santa hat. This will be better that Studio DC.