Fraggle Rock on Fanfiction.net

Redsonga

Reaction score
This is for anyone interested in fraggle fic....
For the longest time now, Fraggle Rock has not had it's own section on FF.net, and most of its over 14 or so (counting my own) fanfics so far have had to be put under the Muppets Tonight category in the TV shows section...
As of about a week ago FF.net got a new e-mail we can send category suggestions to:

categories@fanfiction.com

If you would like to help see Fraggle Rock get its own section under tv shows in its own right, and maybe even grow its fanfic fandom to, send them an e-mail :smile:! Let's show them there is more than just interest, but a very alive fandom out here just waiting :3!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Smart thinking, Becky. So people send out your support!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
It sure would make finding fanfiction (outside here) a lot easier :smile:

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Actually, people can find the fiction rather easily through the search function, but nobody ever uses it. Of course the catagory would be a lot better and easier to find stuff than through the search function.

I am going to start getting people rallied behind getting the section for 'Fraggle Rock', but also for 'Summer of my German Soldier' because there are close to a dozen stories about that book over there, and I have seen sections with only two or three stories in them. That bothers me. I have also been randomly giving shoutouts about other writers so that their stuff can be read too.

So, yes, write to the powers that be over there, and support some of the more obscure fandoms getting their own section! :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I use the search...but then I have been a member since the start of the site (I'm only member number 4589 :stick_out_tongue:) and I know all the things FF.Net can do backward and forward...when they work of course :wink:.
It's just a sad fact that unless something has a section with its stories in it some people don't think it has a fandom :frown:...
And for the longest time I have been wanting to write for one of those one story or less sections..maybe someday...I always feel sorry for them, some of them are good series....

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Actually, people can find the fiction rather easily through the search function, but nobody ever uses it. Of course the catagory would be a lot better and easier to find stuff than through the search function.
I use the search function all the time. But sometimes the writers don't really use "cue" words (like, say... the NAME OF THE SHOW) that makes them show up. So I end up missing a few unless I come across them by luck.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I use the search function all the time. But sometimes the writers don't really use "cue" words (like, say... the NAME OF THE SHOW) that makes them show up. So I end up missing a few unless I come across them by luck.
You and Redsonga are absolutely right, there is nothing flawless and unless those key words are used, no one would be able to find those stories. I have already submitted my suggestions to fan fiction net and am really glad that I was able to sit down and write them out. You're right though, and I even made note of this in my email to them.

While I have been on fan fiction net for several years, I have been writing fan fiction for well over ten years. I literally dragged my feet about signing up. Today, I'm glad that I did. :smile:

At any rate, I did write with the 'Fraggle Rock' proposal. I also proposed the section from the book I listed in my earlier posting. So, hopefully both of these will be adopted. I will be talking to my contacts from the other section as well and seeing if they can offer up a proposal. It just irks me that there are sections with only one or two stories, yet, they don't have sections with about a dozen stories, and we're stuck in the misc sections that generally get over looked by everyone.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It took forever to get CATS The Musical to get its own section and even then, with hundreds of stories, they put it under misc. Musicals really should have a section in their own right I think, there is enough history and fandom behind them...
And sometimes even if you use those cue words the system does not list your story, it's awful :stick_out_tongue:!

Redsonga

Reaction score
*watches the spot between Forever Knight and Frasier (Golly what neighbors for Fraggles *lol*) very closely*
Any day now :smile:! I figure if one fanfic is enough to get a fandom added, over ten and more than two people saying something will be more than enough :big_grin:!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. All the fandom needs is support!